• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hex Bolt

nedbread

Hi,

Does anybody know the dimensions of the bolt connecting the IP to the drive gear? There are three. Mine says 9.8 EL on the top. It's about 1 inch long. 13mm wrench size.

Thanks,
Ned

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That bolt size should be identified in the -34P Technical Manual. If you don’t have it, download it free from this site. Then find the exploded view page and identify the part number, then on the next page it will tell you the bolt size across from the part number. I believe those are metric M10-1.5x25.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, those are flanged head bolts without washers. The reason, if a washer were to break it would drop straight down into the timing chain causing catastrophic damage. I may have them in my parts bin. You only need 3.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just now looked in the -34P TM on page 43, Figure 13. Those bolts are part #1 I believe but the thread size is NOT identified. I probably have them in my metric bolt assortment. I’ll look tomorrow.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just now looked in the -34P TM on page 43, Figure 13. Those bolts are part #1 I believe but the thread size is NOT identified. I probably have them in my metric bolt assortment. I’ll look tomorrow.
If you google the NSN, and/or GM part number, you should be able to detailed specs. I've used both to get detailed specs on bolts, nuts, etc.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,

Does anybody know the dimensions of the bolt connecting the IP to the drive gear? There are three. Mine says 9.8 EL on the top. It's about 1 inch long. 13mm wrench size.

Thanks,
Ned

Your bolts are M8-1.25 x 25mm Flanged Hex Head. Takes a 13mm wrench. They are available from McMaster Carr. Item #98093A543.

Hope this helps.

cucvrus

I was outside fixing everything that broke and blew up this week and I located the 3 bolts from the injection pump timing gear to pump flange.DSCF7579.JPG Do you want them? Send me an address. They are genuine GM CUCV mil spec bolts. From a CUCV. I still have them in my cup cake tray. DSCF7562.JPGLaugh but them trays work well for sorting and keeping bolts from a teardown organized. The bolts I have came from this beauty.P1000297.JPG Let me know. I have a ton of fasteners. Take Care.

Last edited:

nedbread

That bolt size should be identified in the -34P Technical Manual. If you don’t have it, download it free from this site. Then find the exploded view page and identify the part number, then on the next page it will tell you the bolt size across from the part number. I believe those are metric M10-1.5x25.
Thanks!

nedbread

I was outside fixing everything that broke and blew up this week and I located the 3 bolts from the injection pump timing gear to pump flange.View attachment 835341 Do you want them? Send me an address. They are genuine GM CUCV mil spec bolts. From a CUCV. I still have them in my cup cake tray. View attachment 835340Laugh but them trays work well for sorting and keeping bolts from a teardown organized. The bolts I have came from this beauty.View attachment 835342 Let me know. I have a ton of fasteners. Take Care.
I was outside fixing everything that broke and blew up this week and I located the 3 bolts from the injection pump timing gear to pump flange.View attachment 835341 Do you want them? Send me an address. They are genuine GM CUCV mil spec bolts. From a CUCV. I still have them in my cup cake tray. View attachment 835340Laugh but them trays work well for sorting and keeping bolts from a teardown organized. The bolts I have came from this beauty.View attachment 835342 Let me know. I have a ton of fasteners. Take Care.
Thanks. I want to go ahead and take mine apart sort of like that just to get to that gear on the front in your first picture. How hard would you say that is? I guess I have to take some things off first? Any special tools?
As for the bolts I can order from McMaster or there is a place called "fastenall" here that I could pick it up from locally.

Best,
Ned

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks