• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey, 1028A2/A3 guys, got a minute??

FmrUSMC3521

Any of y'all with the dually CUCVs......has anyone put a fifth wheel hitch in the back?? If so, how does she pull??Trying to get ideas for a tow pig for my rockcrawler, and I keep coming back to the CUCV, since my rig's a '76 C10.....well, used to be. Still need to source a CUCV pickup with a thrashed body that I can get the axles out of, LOL (I need tons!!!)Thanks in advance.

I know a guy in California that has a 14 bolt full floater w 10.5 ring for in the area of 700.00. Do you have a delivery network IE it can catch a ride with someone headed in your direction we have that here at times I dont know if you lot at pirate4x4 do ?

BTW: you would want to swap out the pos 6.2 for a 7.4 gas eng if you want to pull with a cucv.

The only difference between what your talking about and what he has....as you didnt specify if you want a 14 bolt rear or a dana70.

You would need hubs for drw with this axle ask billavista.. as they are the same width just use different hubs afaik.

Any of y'all with the dually CUCVs......has anyone put a fifth wheel hitch in the back?? If so, how does she pull??Trying to get ideas for a tow pig for my rockcrawler, and I keep coming back to the CUCV, since my rig's a '76 C10.....well, used to be. Still need to source a CUCV pickup with a thrashed body that I can get the axles out of, LOL (I need one ton axles!!!)Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

My 1986 CUCV Dually with gooseneck trailer. Replaced the 6.2l with a GEP 6.5l and installed a Banks Turbo. It pulls a heavy load up steep hills better than my 1999 CUCV-II with 6.5l with turbo.

Attachments

FmrUSMC3521

I know a guy in California that has a 14 bolt full floater w 10.5 ring for in the area of 700.00. Do you have a delivery network IE it can catch a ride with someone headed in your direction we have that here at times I dont know if you lot at pirate4x4 do ?BTW: you would want to swap out the pos 6.2 for a 7.4 gas eng if you want to pull with a cucv.The only difference between what your talking about and what he has....as you didnt specify if you want a 14 bolt rear or a dana70.You would need hubs for drw with this axle ask billavista.. as they are the same width just use different hubs afaik.
I appreciate it, but I don't have anyone even remotely close to CA. Plus, with me being overseas at the moment.....it would get even more difficult, LOL.

FmrUSMC3521

My 1986 CUCV Dually with gooseneck trailer. Replaced the 6.2l with a GEP 6.5l and installed a Banks Turbo. It pulls a heavy load up steep hills better than my 1999 CUCV-II with 6.5l with turbo.
Awesome advice, man!!! I appreciate the intel!!!And might I say, that dually is teh seckzy. Keep me in mind if you ever decide to let her go to a new home??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks