• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey Banks Turbo owners!

kapnklug

Question for y'all:
Did the Banks kit come with a different CDR valve? Or did you keep the stock CDR?
Seems like the CDR would have to be plumbed into the intake before the turbo (wouldn't work in stock location because crankcase pressure will be fighting against boost pressure?)

Last edited:

jdemaris

Question for y'all:
Did the Banks kit come with a different CDR valve? Or did you keep the stock CDR?
Seems like the CDR would have to be plumbed into the intake before the turbo (wouldn't work in stock location because crankcase pressure will be fighting against boost pressure?)
I've got two 6.2 Blazers with Banks turbos. One is a marine version and one for a road vehicle. Marine version does not have the typical air-cleaner and I had to use one from a Dodge-Cummins diesel instead. Works fine, just takes some added plumbing when not in a boat. Marine turbo itself is also different and is a Rayjay Rotomaster.

Attachments

67_C-30

You also have to plug the holes in the intake (under where the air filter went). The Banks kit come with rubber caps that go over the factory nipples, but they are prone to cracking and seeping boost. I removed the steel nipples from my intake and drilled and tapped them for 3/4 NPT pipe plugs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks