• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey everybody saying hi and just picked up my first mule question though

tommys2patrick

Hi savagebrother and welcome. You might check out the new member section http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Requirements-For-New-Members. It will help introduce you to everyone. As to your problem, if it was me I would look at the idle setting on the carb. then probably look at the cables from the gas pedal back to see if it is hanging up somewhere. Would be good to look thru the TM's for your mule as well.

savagebrother

Hey tommys2patrick, thanks and I will, yes I went through the TM's and I saw on the engine one where the idle screw on the top was at but not anything about idle RPM on the carb but I did see something on the governor for top speed and for bottom speed.
SB

murano3

Is the throttle cable under tension even when at rest?, if so apply some slack by loosening on the throttle linkage at the rear

savagebrother

Hey guys it was a combination of idle screw adjustment and cleaning the governor.
there was a bunch of dust all over the governor and other things too but it's purring like a kitten now
thanks guys
SB

Tga

It seems to be idling way to fast, what do i.e. end to check first?? Carb or governor???
thanks
SB
Keep in mind that the mule is designed to idle at a higher rpm than typical. You'll have to check the tm for the exact number but seems to me it calls for idle to be set somewhere in the 900rpm range. Since most engines idle somewhere around 500-600rpm the correct idle speed may seem excessive. The higher idle is required to allow the cooling fan to move enough air to sufficiently cool the left cylinder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks