• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey from Az

Kawgomoo

Banned
Grrrr this buyer ive been waitin on all week backed out at the last minute!

I hope this doesn't throw a wrench in my arff recovery :(

Hopefully i can find a buyer! Or i wont have any fuel money for the fire truck! {it gets a whopping 1 mile per gallon} and its idle consumption is like 2 gallons an hour! its freakin nuts!

But im still goin to the show! I really hope i can break out big red. She hasnt seen any real road time in almost a year.

Another Ahab

Grrrr this buyer ive been waitin on all week backed out at the last minute!

I hope this doesn't throw a wrench in my arff recovery :(

Hopefully i can find a buyer! Or i wont have any fuel money for the fire truck! **it gets a whopping 1 mile per gallon} and its idle consumption is like 2 gallons an hour! its freakin nuts!

But im still goin to the show! I really hope i can break out big red. She hasnt seen any real road time in almost a year.

!!!

An M1 Abrams does better than that doesn't it?!

Or is the Abrams more like 5 gallons to the mile?

I know, I know: "Google's my friend". Leaving now to check.

Last edited:

Kawgomoo

Banned
lol ive replied to this thread like 5 times and everytime something happens! Last was a database error when i hit post!

grrrr

Yeah sometimes i wonder if an idle jet hasnt fallen out the carb and is rollin round in the float bowl. Ive seen boats with 3 big blocks that use less fuel.

Another Ahab

!!!

An M1 Abrams does better than that doesn't it?!

Or is the Abrams more like 5 gallons to the mile?

I know, I know: "Google's my friend". Leaving now to check.
Kawgomo, Brother, you need to check that carburetor:

- M1 Abrams (67 tons @ 1500 HP with a range of 298 miles from its 500 gallon fuel tank) tends to average about .5 mpg

Kawgomoo

Banned
oh ill check it....right into the trash can! Best case scenario, this truck still does 12mph uphill. It just doesnt have enough go!

Ive got my eye on a few things...dont you worry ;)

Being totally super duper numbers matching everything {it even had the original valve cover gaskets stapled to the covers on it} it slightly pains me to repower it.

But not that much ;)

I just realized the picture i uploaded {attempted?} isnt here.... lemme see if this works.

20140113_142124.jpg

Last edited:

Kawgomoo

Banned
a simultaneous peak into past and future. all very top secret. ;) c700 4wd arff.

this is kind of the inspiration for my truck.

Ford_fire_engine_of_the_US_Air_Force.jpg

Last edited: