• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey from New York City

scavind

Hey guys (and gals). I'm from New York and 15 right now and obviously hope to own a vehicle when i get my drivers licence. I'm looking at some MV'S as well as one of my greatest friends at school so i've joined today. Ill be looking at the M37 and CUCV and m880 sections since i'm looking primarily at those. Ive seen the forum before and I enjoy it.

FDNY129

Welcome, from a fellow New Yorker. Theres an annual MV show in Jersey that you may be able to find a nice CUCV at. Its April 17 and 18, in Sussex, NJ, less than 1 hour from central Manhattan.

zout

Welcome to the site - been kind of peeking at those 37's myself but was told I was a lard a** and too big for one. Still can dream.aua

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The west Texas Detachment (raised in Kearny, NJ) of the SS welcomes the new young'un from the BIG APPLE aboard:D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get under way:driver:

You may be one of the youngest here, but keep up the great expectations and dreams. Don't let any of the old farts ( like me ) dampen your spirits or get under your skin. It's all well intentioned.

You will learn much and be well prepared for your first MV when your age catches up to your dream:jumpin:

Mudstone

welcome to the site... there is a metric crap ton of useful information on here. All questions can be answered. I drive my CUCV into midtown manhattan every 2 weeks. just keep in mind that they are VERY large to be zipping around in the city. Also they cost more to park.

As for Cold Warrior.. i really enjoyed your post. Thank you.

Also I'm not far from the city at all... if you want i can show you my CUCV so you can understand the PITA that they are lol

ONTOS66

Welcome aboard neighbor. I'm in Northern NJ and will probably be driving my M1009 to the MTA show in April and displaying my M1028 with S250 shelter. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.
Here is the url for the show information:
MTA* Spring Swapmeet

scavind

Wow this place is awsome. Anyways I live in Staten Island so im sure i'll be ok with having one but I do go into manhattan for school every morning lol. I'll be thinking about that MV show.

emr

Check out your local ordinances first we have an mTA member from Staten island and after a year of conflict has it stored in NJ..... Just do some home work at the zoning office, and always be polite and ask for help, Good luck...randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks