• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey guys/gals newb here

RSOVRanger

If you don't want a fixer upper, and can't really go look directly at the rigs for sale/auction... perhaps you should purchase something from a reputable shop or locally if anyone has one they're getting rid of.

I paid 4600 for my CUCV, I am it's 3rd non-property-booked owner.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Here is what I purchased this summer.
http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=916630
I think I got a good deal on it, but not amazing. Since then I have been keeping my eyes out for another one for a friend. I have seen the prices go mainly up since then, but not always. Sometimes junk goes more then good trucks do. My suggestion is be patient, and visit a few GL auctions that have them. From what I have seen military surplus does not just sit in a field for years, but it can become the local parts store. Oh they don't all have rust by the way even though it is common in the usual places under the door on the rocker panel, behind the rear wheel, on the inside floor right infront of the rear wheel wheel, etc.

There is a civi Chevy Blazer that is for sale up the road that the owner is asking $1400firm for. I believe that it is a good deal, and in good shape. I had considered buying it, but found my M1009 while deciding. It has about 180K on it. He has it out there since this summer when I was looking a Blazer even if I had to paint it camo. Anyways the body is good shape with only with a few small spots. The engine ran well, but the rear end did not sound to great. I might just not have been used to the noises of a blazer though. I think he replaced the engine recently, and had a GM replace the tranny at some point. It has a tow package, and was used mainly for towing a boat. If that interests you I have some pics of it I could send you.

cucv11

thank you for the replies i appreciate the input. The one i am bidding on says "operational" so i am going to give that a shot first. I am just hoping that there arent too many people interested in it. Builder77 that is more along my idea of pricing. Thats what i am hoping to spend on the auction i have. Thanks for the help with the info and i think i will pass on the civi blazer. There are some on auto trader for around that same price near me. I would prefer an m1009. I appreciate the help though.

The K-5 chevys don't command such a high price tag for similar condition granted they are the civies but i guess these trucks are becoming more and more desirable.