• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey half track guys

lacoda56

Welcome to the site and thanks for the info on the ratios. I agree with you on the modifieds if they're done right. Too often I've seen a perfectly restorable vehicle hacked up with the idea of building a mud truck or whatever. After the owner loses interest, the remains end up on a scrap ship to China. Sounds like you have the right idea and I'd like to see the finished product. I have the trashed remains of an M2 White. I've been thinking about building something runnable and not be too concerned with a restoration. I know the purists will have a fit, but they'll get over it. Good luck with your projects.

AndrewH

In the words of a long time SS member, avid MV collector, and MV user, "It is mine, I bought and paid for it, I will use it how I like. I will douse it with gas and set it on fire if I see fit to."

Modified or not, at least he would be able to use it and people can see it moving. Thats cool. A lot of people would not know the difference restored or modified.

Blythewoodjoe

I have been real busy with work for the last few months and did not notice any activity on this thread. I appreciate the info. I have sat a goal of working on the half track over the Christmas holidays and hope to have it move on it's own power. I don't intend to hack up anything so I can't go back with the original if I can get a working drive train, but it looks like it will be powered with a Ford 351W and a C-6 trans. Why, because I have a truck with with these parts, that's why. Next big purchase will be a new set of tracks. I had a set and had to sell them last year when things got slow. Life goes on. My lose was some Texans gain.

Thanks guys,
Joe