• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey im New and i have a question about buying M1008s

duglas

Hey, i am new to this forum and currently i drive a VW R32 to work which is horrible because me and my dad run a construction company and you cant load ladders on a golf!

any ways i am currently looking for a M1008 for a DD/work truck and i was wondering what is a 'fair' price that i can expect to pay from GL (Govt' liquidators) also is there anything that i should watch out for when buying trucks from them
and are they (for the most part) in decent running condition
i know i am asking alot of questions but i am new to buying demil and would like to know what to expect

oh and yea i think i can handle the loudness my last DD/work truck was a 89 chevy with straight headers and no mufflers(until the 5-O started to care) along with 9" lift and 39.5s it was good until the motor gave out you can bid on it if you would like <a>89 chevy on eBay</a>

ssgtwright-usmc

You can get one anywhere from $150, the starting bid up to what I have seen so far $3600.
The only major complaint I have seen by reading the posts here are poor driving GL workers at certain locations not knowing how to drive a fork-lift and damage the drive-shaft.
Some may not come with batteries or it may not come with a key.
Please dont ask what key the CUCV takes.
That is a forbiden subject here but you will find the post for it here under the CUCV postings.
Most members here dont have complaints about the vehicles they have won, its just a roll of the dice to who and how GL handles the vehicles in their lots.
If you see one that you like and want to win then bid your max and hopefully you will win.
If you win, just make sure you bring replacement belts, extra batteries and maybe a fuel filter depending on how long the vehicle has sat in the yard.
If you can win one even at $1500 you still made out so bid is my advice.

duglas

thank you all i guess i will have to wait til i drive it to see which one is louder (you couldnt really hold a conversation in the old truck) glad to hear that GL is pritty good and i can find driveshafts for fairly cheap

csramsey640

with GL(i take it your a 1st time buyer) you will have an extensive wait for your EUC to clear, and once cleared, make an appointment for removal, then submit for an sf-97(to title) and wait another 30+days. I won my m1008 a few months ago...I just put it on the road yesterday. If your hot in the seat buy from an owner who already has a title. Otherwise it'll drive you nuts...lol (but its worth it!!!)

citizensoldier

The term would be " A Pig in a poke".. If you can go preview one before bidding I would recomend that.. Some have just been serviced and you can drive them home, others should be parted out or scrapped.
The bent drive shaft thing is a common issue. Look for dents on the side from the uprights and bring shafts with you if your going to try and drive it home.
Mose pick ups I have seen are selling around 2K to 3K depending on location and who out there wants it.

EO2NMCB

Rust is more often than not the driving force behind the price. Last week Ft Lwood Mo had three 1008's. They went for 1020, 1200, 1830, not counting the 10% buyers prim. $1020 truck had a ton of rust, 1200 some rust, 1830 looked real clean. Also what part of the country that truck is located plays a part.