• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey you Illinois guys

54reo

No, you do not need to obtain a CDL in Illinois to drive the Deuce.

I would suggest licensing it as an Antique Vehicle unless you plan on using it to haul things. It is MUCH cheaper this way.

Welcome to the site, BTW...

Any pics of your ride?

54reo

Re: RE: Hey you Illinois guys

ranchhopper said:
Technically a AV plate allows the truck to be driven to and from shows and events only.
And for maintenance/mechanical testing.

Tibby

RE: Re: RE: Hey you Illinois guys

I priced plate/resistration for an Deuce weight class vehicle about a year and a half ago. Way more expensive than a one ton. What I came up with was over $1200 in fuel tax bond, registration, and plates. The fuel tax bond was $500 (one time) alone. That was for annual MH (mileage) plates. That is why trucking companies have left Illinois - and why I figure I will never own a deuce. AV is a much cheaper way to go, if you don't want to actually use it to haul things. Larger trucks cost big bucks here. ranchhopper is correct about replacing the wasted and stolen revenue that has been going on here since 2003. Be wary if you are coming through Illinois and encounter construction zones. They want to put up speed cameras (not that MVs are generally fast) in them. If I recall correctly, a $375 fine for speeding in a construction zone.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Hey you Illinois guys

I grew up on a farm in Illinois and what Chicago and Obama have done to the state is criminal. I have my duece and tractor registered as historic $51.00 for two years the only thing the cops look for is that it really is an historic truck I have used my duece to haul lots of stuff and drive it around town when I am home and the only stops I get are to ask where to get one. I get way more salutes driving it in town than traffic stops.

NO-bama

BillIdaho

I was born on the southside of Chicago (124th and Michigan) about a half century ago. I was raised around the Tinley Park and later the entire Peoria area.

Nice place to be FROM!

mooresM35A2

thanks everybody for your feedback, sorry 54reo i dont have a truck to take any pics of (YET) :D im not planning to really haul things in it so ill probly get it licensed as an antique vehicle. I have to agree with you ARMYMAN, obama is bad news. pc3nmcb my grandpa was from Granite City, and he was in the Marines.

Tibby

Something I forgot to mention yesterday. There is a local construction contractor (Springfield) that has two deuces sitting in their lot. Just from driving by, one I can see just part of the front end. The other I can see fairly well and looks to be in reasonably good condition. They don't seem to be using them. I have yet to stop by on a weekend and get some pictures. I will try to do that this weekend. They also have what looks like an M103 trailer.

Somemedic

I used to drinl with the aldermen and council guys In Calumet City at a bar called Maggie's. Oldest bar in Cal City, Maggies great grand daughters were married to a fireman and a cop. I was treated like gold in there, great chow and usually had to buy 1 drink, the rest were on somebody else... Bull dozed it in 2005

Tibby

I will get the pictures, it isn't really that out of the way. What is the purpose of a camera, if not to take pictures of MVs?

Tibby

I got a few pictures. I had some chain link fences and gates getting in the way, not to mention some of their other stuff. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can ID the trailer. The camo deuce seems to be in fairly good shape. It does have some rust at the bottom of the driver's side door.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks