• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HH Orings replaced, now low power??

searls84

Svd dragunov, no it wasn't. I took a look at the site you sent to me, but kinda got a bad feeling about tht one. I bought mine from a very reputable MV parts dealer, got 2 complete IP's for about the price of one Chinese HH. Thanks very much for the link tho!

searls84

Well the new IP came in last week and got the hydraulic head installed over the weekend. With both the hydraulic heads pulled out, I went ahead and compared the two. The old one definitely felt "wore out." The plunger easily moved up and down and the red toothed gear spun very easily. The replacement HH I could not move the plunger up and down nearly as easily as the old one. Clearly a tighter fit.

Once put back together, a quick shot of starter fluid, and the truck roared to life! It runs better than when first purchased! So yet another story of a bad hydraulic head. Lesson to be learned: always filter WMO BEFORE putting it in your tank!

svd dragunov

glad it all worked out. i might have to look at getting a replacement to have on hand.

p.s. where you thinning it out at all? how does it start now?

Last edited: