• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hhmv hydraulic winch on a deuce

SR71BLACKBIRD

Going to find one tomorrow. I will probably use a power steering pump from a big truck. And may add power steering at the same time. I have read that a hummer winch is very strong using the stock steering pump so a big unit should do. I also have a 24 volt electric hummer winch that is huge i could try.

oilcan

If I had the cash I'd take the 24v winch off your hands. I need something for the 715.

I have a p/s pump off a 5 ton multifuel, but it'll probably need some attention before being installed. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He might be okay with the hummer hydraulic winch, since it's a bobbed truck. I would like to convert the stock deuce winch to hydraulic driven some day.

snakeater

stretch......what would be gained by converting from pto to hydraulic? Both will not work without the engine running, with the pto you get 5 forward speeds and reverse. Hydraulic has only one speed---slow. It would be very easy to convert your winch to hydraulic as long as you have a pump to drive the hydraulic motor, seems like a lot of work for no return. Help me out here...snakeater

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or pull your pickup truck up the driveway at Kipman's!:razz:

joec

stretch......what would be gained by converting from pto to hydraulic? Both will not work without the engine running, with the pto you get 5 forward speeds and reverse. Hydraulic has only one speed---slow. It would be very easy to convert your winch to hydraulic as long as you have a pump to drive the hydraulic motor, seems like a lot of work for no return. Help me out here...snakeater

Warn makes a 18,000lb 24v...draws around 260 amps @ max load..!

another option

MikeON

stretch......what would be gained by converting from pto to hydraulic?
1. No broken shear pins. The relief valve will provide the overload protection.
2. One person operation.
3. Operate from in cab or from front of truck with remote cable-linked valve.
4. Infinitely variable speed forward and reverse with one lever.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hydraulic is great for winching. Speed can vary by valving, or engine speed. No clutches or shifters(stock shifter is tricky to shift). No need for shear pins, can set the pressure/motor size to stall at the right torque. Can be set up with remotes, including wireless remotes. Much easier to run by yourself. Both my trucks already have hydraulic systems on them, just a matter of hooking everything else up.

Dennis

SR71BLACKBIRD

Well, the milemarker winch on my dodge Ram is a 2 speed (civilian) 12,000 lb. And I have the milemarker from the hummer which has a much larger hyd. motor so it has to be even better. I Bolted it to the bumper today and before the picture police get me (Sorry my batteries died on the dig camera) But for the humor here is my dodge pulling the deuce up a pile of stone untill the dodge kept sliding all 4's

Attachments

Elwenil

He is thinking about a transfer case mounted PTO which would give you speed control through the gears of the transmission. Is it even possible to put a PTO on the transfer case of a Deuce?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He is thinking about a transfer case mounted PTO which would give you speed control through the gears of the transmission. Is it even possible to put a PTO on the transfer case of a Deuce?
The M49 deuce tanker comes with it and a linkage to the IP for constant rpm control when loaded down.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks