• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi All

plym49

Hello all, nice to be here. Looking forward to learning and participating. Not too much to say about myself, I'm no spring chicken, and without a MV at the moment.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
welcome to the greastest MV site, no need to own a MV, whare about on the island ( island does not count)

1stSarge

We are all about locations here plym49, put it in your description.

Welcome from Ohio, what brought you here? Tell us what you are interested in. We can tell you who to avoid. (kidding).. 8)

bguy193

Welcome to the MV addiction. It starts here and ends.............Uhhhh well I'm not really sure if it ever does end, I think in time it just gets worse.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Edison brought him over from Europe and offered him a bonus for completing a project but never paid him. Tesla struck out on his own and developed A.C. versus Edison's D.C. Never got the recognition he deserved.

plym49

Edison brought him over from Europe and offered him a bonus for completing a project but never paid him. Tesla struck out on his own and developed A.C. versus Edison's D.C. Never got the recognition he deserved.
Correct. Edison also stubbornly fought Tesla's development of AC distribution. As a kid I idolized Edison. As an adult, learning more about what really went down, not so much.

Tesla was way ahead of his time. In many ways he was hamstrung by the limitations of materials at the time.

I'm happy to discuss Tesla and Edison; if this is not the right place to be doing so let's move it to Conversations or wherever.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Tesla rocked......even though he died an ignoble death.

The History Channel had a great special on him a while back.

Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:lol:

You don't have to be crazy to fit in here but it makes it a lot easier.:cookoo:

You need to start planning now for the 2011 GA Rally if you are within a reasonable distance.