• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi from Alabama

jcal73

Hi all from a new guy in Alabama!
I don't own anything yet, but I have really learned an ton from this site.
My son and I are contemplating getting an old military truck just for fun.
We have worked our way through old jeep CJ's and a couple of old trucks.
I think it's time we moved up to something that is unique.
We are thinking of a M35A2 or M923.
I need to find out the legalities in my area of driving each and we will go from there.

Thanks again to everyone who posts here.

Jeff

Rmtaunton

I did the same thing. Oh and Welcome!
As far as the m35 is concerned anyone with a drivers liscense can operate it. The 939 series trucks will require you to get a cdl in Alabama. Although you can apply for a "non-commercial" commercial drivers license which you can use to operate it in AL, and it is only a written test.

Rmtaunton

Oh and can you put your location in. That one is a biggie on here. I am in Valley AL every weekend.

Good Luck and welcome again so much info on here

Robert ,

FloridaAKM

Welcome to the site & beware of the green iron disease. There is no known cure for it, just keep it in remission by buying a truck & driving it. Don't forget, if you drive it, you gotta work on it to keep her running smooth.

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

You are lucky. You have a bunch of good dudes around in your area and I'm sure they will help you get started and all alon the way too. I'm sure they'll chime in here soon. I would suggest buying your first truck from a member, you can't go wrong that way. And for God sake if you don't buy from a member at least have a member go over the truck with you first or post up about it.

dpsmith

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome onboard! There is a bunch of us green iron junkies around in Alabama. Wreckerman is considered the unofficial asylum spokesman. Great bunch of guys here with a world of experience and knowledge. Dixie Division is a great local group to join through the DDMV web site.