• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi from another PNW'er

Hey all, my name is Mike.
The wife and I live in Troutdale, OR (just outside of Portland). We found this site just accident the other day and it has been very informative. I am looking to hopefully buy a 3/4 ton trailer from Fort Lewis, WA. One question reamins, am I smart to try to deal with GL in my area, or is there another route I should be looking at?

Thanks for all the great info, and keep up the great work on the site.

P.S., I was reading about the PNW gatherings (and mini's) comming up. What are the requirements for attending such an event?

Mike and Jackie

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Woo Hoo! I get to be the first to welcome you to the site from the mid Columbia of WA.
Lots of GL info here on the site, just do a search.
Check the Classifieds or post a want ad for the trailer.
There is another more jeep related site G503.com that may have more locals with 3/4 ton trailers.

I am sure the West WA folks will chime in with more rally info.

AaronW

Hey Medic! Welcome to the club. I am hosting the Convoy/Campout this summer. It would be great to meet you. Good luck on getting your trailer.

ABN173

Mike & Jackie,

Welcome to Steel Soldiers, I work on FT Lewis so if you ever want me to preview a GL item just let me know.

BTW, I was a 91B medic myself (although it was for a short period of time)

-Dale

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome, everybody. It's nice to see people close to where I live to help me "through the process".

"Hi, my name is Mike, and I have a problem...

My wife still rolls her eyes when I start to even mention the O.D. gear. How do I get past this?"

Welcome Aboard!!

Welcome to the site Mike! You have caught the "Green Fever"!! A howdy from south central Montana"Big Sky Country". You''ll find the site and the members friendly and an infinite source of information. You should have heard and seen my wife when I told her I traded a boat for an M35A2 seven years ago!! She'll get over it,just include her and we are looking forward to metting you in July at the PNW in Washington.

wsucougarx

Well Mike, you need to think of an application where a MV might be needed. I started this adventure after the nasty DEC07 windstorm we had down in Grays Harbor County. We couldn't get out on the roads for 2 days. I told my wife I was getting something that could drive over the downed trees or get them out of the way. Once I got my first truck...that was it....I had it.
My admittance:
"Hi my name is Mike as well, heck I've had the problem for sometime now. Don't bother wasting your time on me, I've got it and got it bad:)"

Last edited:

kurtkds

Welcome to the site, I too live close to Ft Lewis if you need some help.

Just tell the wife that your "buying to resell". :wink::wink: That will work for a while. LOL

Stalwart

Just buy the wife something green too, it worked for me. I bought a Stalwart and she got a Ferret. When I wanted a Scorpion tank she said fine, as long as she could have a Fox. Fun hobby for the whole family and most MV'ers aren't stuck up as many in the car collecting crowd.

Just buy the wife something green too, it worked for me. I bought a Stalwart and she got a Ferret. When I wanted a Scorpion tank she said fine, as long as she could have a Fox. Fun hobby for the whole family and most MV'ers aren't stuck up as many in the car collecting crowd.
lol, we've already talked about it. She's started asking about how hard it would be to get a jeep.

dcbrown

Welcome Mike & Jackie!

Welcome to the site, from Salem, Oregon. The folks in here are a wealth of knowledge and experience. They'll help you work through any MV related projects and questions. I'm fairly new myself, and these guys have helped me more than I can say. You found the right spot.
Chris

AN/ARC186

Welcome!!

There are never any requirements to attend the PNW mini rally, unless Stuart is bringing some of his toys and then you are required to bring a cloth to wipe the drool:drool:
We're looking at throwing another one together on April 17th, come on out!

MilitaryRestoration

Welcome to the club, group, site, etc :) Everyone here is great and full of ideas and offerings, can't ever complain... ya some bump heads but thats what happens when you get trucks and testosterone involved lol... at any rate WELCOME...! Glad to see another local... i used to drive through troutdale every weekend so i'm sure you may have seen me driving vehicles and trailers maybe... Also if you are interested in a 3/4 ton trailer, i've got a few to choose from that i'll get rid of for cheap or dang near what I got them for, let me know you can either pm me or call me 3606086484... but usually pretty busy, i just got lucky and got a chance to get on here tonight :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks