• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi from WA

F'N!WreckerRay

I know of a running driving duece $2000 or less.... missing a windshield and one other part... Runs, drives, and could be a good starter project. Or you could step up to a 5ton :cool:
Let me know if your interested. I could possibly go get pics of it this week..
Ray

brianp454

Hello from Portland, OR

How did this work out for you?

I'm in Portland and also looking for a deuce. It seems the gov surplus sales have really dried up. A while back they were auctioning them off like mad, now not so much. Do any of you know what may be behind that? Coincidence? I’ve noticed the same trend with parts too. I’ve also noticed many of the tires, wheels, etc. auctions end and the big surplus guys have the stuff on their web site the following week. They’re making it tough for a regular guy to get some parts without a big markup…

ABN173

How did this work out for you?

I'm in Portland and also looking for a deuce. It seems the gov surplus sales have really dried up. A while back they were auctioning them off like mad, now not so much. Do any of you know what may be behind that? Coincidence? I’ve noticed the same trend with parts too. I’ve also noticed many of the tires, wheels, etc. auctions end and the big surplus guys have the stuff on their web site the following week. They’re making it tough for a regular guy to get some parts without a big markup…
If you are referring to Deuces well they are simply running out, much of what you see coming out now is 900 series 5 tons. You can still find them on GSAauctions.gov though, sometimes on GL but the supply is low which is driving the prices up. Private sale is a option too. You can still get stuff at a decent price despite dealers, they have to have to have room to mark items up so at some point they will either stop bidding (or if not pay more than they should).

Good Luck,
Dale

brianp454

True, if you want an automatic with a non-multi fuel engine. Might be some registration issues too, still not a bad truck though.

-Dale
Thanks for the tip guys! My issues with A3's are auto tranny, love sound of multifuel, and lights mounted on fenders = UGLY. Love the drop-side cargo bed! My first choice is M35A2C. I have cash...

What are the registration issues?

ABN173

What are the registration issues?
The issue some run into is the year on the data plate/SF-97, they are newer and may not be eligible for historic plates. Also in some states they expect the newer trucks to be DOT emissions compliant, yes these were exempted for the US GOV and the exemption should carry over but again some states do not want to play ball.

-Dale

brianp454

The issue some run into is the year on the data plate/SF-97, they are newer and may not be eligible for historic plates. Also in some states they expect the newer trucks to be DOT emissions compliant, yes these were exempted for the US GOV and the exemption should carry over but again some states do not want to play ball.

-Dale
Good point. I did not stop to consider the state laws and politics around it. In Oregon I think the cutoff for gas vehicles to do "DEQ" is 1975. I'll have to look into it for diesel trucks.

wsucougarx

I almost had an issue with my 923. Gal said my VIN was a digit short. Then I pulled out a pic of the dataplate so she could see first hand. She said no problem, took the pic and sent it off to the state. Three weeks later I got my title;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks