• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi from Washington state!

dorsett7

Hi everyone, my name is Terry and im a new member to this site.I recently purchased an 86 cucv m1008 that im going to restore back to its original military look since it had been repainted at some point in its life, im also looking to build it as dependable as I possibly can for off road expeditions. Im a little concerned about electrical issues ive read about others have had with the m1008, my intentions are to rebuild or replace every thing I can but I wanted to ask, are there any particular components more prone to failure than others that I should consider carrying spares of to avoid a break down in the middle of nowhere?
Thanks to all on this site who have made it the great place it is, I have already learned a great deal.....Terry

Another Ahab

Welcome here from Virginia, dorsett7.

I don't have your answers but someone else likely will (and remember that the Search Engine is always your friend).

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome.

The design of the electrical system is not the real issue. The condition of the wiring and connections after 30 years of negect is.

With the age of our trucks, walking into any parts house for parts will not happen like it used too. The parts usually will need to be ordered from the warehouse.

Belts, tools and a cell phone are the best items to have handy.

Read all the stickies. They cover most of the major areas of the CUCVs.

If it is electrical, you will find that I have covered almost all of it.

Another Ahab

Yeah, welcome to you too VETERN1.

Coming at you from here in Virginia.

And no one wants to hijack dorsett7 here:

- So go ahead and start your own thread, and let us hear a little about you (what interests you here, etc). You OK with that? Give it a shot. Nothing to lose.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks