• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi Idle for M915-m920

Danl

Danl M915A1 case farm tractor

I have a 915 and I to feel the 400 runs like ****, I thought it was jest mine, I was going to tear into the fuel system,. Now I know its the way it runs I will work on the high Idle and let you know how things work out, keep in mind the ht750 allison tranny Barks when put in gear as it is set up now, I would'nt want to put it in gear at a faster idle to often as a rule but a smother Idle would be nice thoe .

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Y'all have issues. My 915 and 916 purr at idle so nice I could sit there and listen all day. Same in 105 or 35 degree weather.

LanceRobson

Mine lopes for a minute or so when it is first started. It was worse when it was picked up-it would barely stay running at idle. We pulled the fuel filter, filled a new one with Lucas fuel conditioner and fired it up. the engine will run on strait Lucas conditioner and the stiff dose might clean crud out of the injectors a dilute solution coming from the tank wouldn't.

With that said mine idles at 600-610 RPM and has a particular resonance that causes a fair amount of vibration and rattles. If I feather the throttle up even a tiny bit the vibrations go away so I might adjust the RPMs up to 620-630 and see what happens.

Danl, I'm unsure what you are referring to when you say the tractor barks when put in gear but I have noted that if my foot is off the brake when I put it in gear the engagement feels a lot harder than if my foot is on the brake. Also, if I understand the workings of the HT-754 CRD correctly the torque converter lockup is directly related to throttle position and load so a bobtail tractor (no trailer) is always going to have harder feeling shifts. In some cases the torque converter lockup at light throttle and lightly loaded is aggressive enough to fool folks into thinking there is an extra gear in the transmission.

Lance

Danl

Danl M915A1

Thanks NDT for that purr We have good additive around here that will help,My filters are new. When I step on the Jake I push out all kind of black smoke Thought the stack pipe as well as takeing or hard, Is that normal

Hooty481

My truck idles fine but rattles everything. I just want something to make it idle a little higher when parked for mor than a few minutes.

My truck also lopes when it is first started. But runs great all of the time. Most all new tractors have the high idle option and just thought it would be a good idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks