• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi Lift Jack Location? Where did you...

Milkman357

I have terrible luck searching for posts and pictures on here....

I'm wanting to mount my Hi Lift Jack inside My M-1009.... Outside on front guard would be ok, accept for the salt in the wintertime.

Anybody have pics to share?

spink7124

Milkman,

Not a 1009, but i recently mounted my hi-lift on the outside of my troop seats. Two 1/2" carriage bolts and a couple of enlarged holes was all it took. Some 1/4" round bar to make wing nuts, a small lock for a bit of security, and some old sway bar bushings finished it off. Very easy install and I still have great access/protection to the jack.

It is a bit hard to see in these pics but I can get you some closeups if you really want them:

Attachments

Midnight Rider

Don't have any pics, but if you don't have the radio in the rear of the 1009, you might be able to use the brackets that are there to fasten down the jack.

Spink7124, nice truck, awesome flex there.

86M10086.2L

I've been looking into a hi lift jack for my 1008. Here's the silly question. Where exactly on these trucks are you lifting/Jacking from? The shackels/mounts? the bumper? I only ask because the only guys I know that have them have special winch bumpers with jacking points built into them. Seems to me the stock bumpers might no be able to handlethe wieght. Spink, what size jack do you have?

gocmndo

I've been looking into a hi lift jack for my 1008. Here's the silly question. Where exactly on these trucks are you lifting/Jacking from? The shackels/mounts? the bumper? I only ask because the only guys I know that have them have special winch bumpers with jacking points built into them. Seems to me the stock bumpers might no be able to handlethe wieght. Spink, what size jack do you have?
I mount mine up on the grill for the summer, too much salt on the road in the winter. The front and rear bumper are great locations to lift your truck.
I attached a picture of me using the jack on Poison Spider in Moab Utah after I blew the bead.
Best Regards!

Attachments

1stDeuce

Not sure if it'll fit in a blazer or not, but I mounted mine to the inner box side on my last truck, above the wheel well. Used the 4xRack mount kit. Could get to the lower bolts from below the bed, used self tappers and then nut-serts on the uppers. Keeps it high in the truck, and tucked off to the side so it's not in the way of your cargo. Run the brackets vertically, with two bolts high and two bolts low... Don't have any pics... That truck is gone.

Might fit on the same side as the spare to keep it partly hidden, but easier to get to on the other side... BTW, now that I have a 60" jack, I don't know how I got by with a 48". :)
C

Edit: I found a pic. You can barely see the Hi-Lift on the pass box side, and a shovel strapped to it. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Bobert

I had one just loose in the back for a while. About the only time I used the thing was to throw it under the tire for traction when i got high centered. It worked well.

If it could fit in an ammo box you could put together a kit.

Attachments

spink7124

86M10086.2L,
I have the 60" hi-lift, in my opinion the 48" model would be worthless on a lifted full size; with the 39" tires my jack is just barely able to get the tire off the ground on a level area. To lift the truck, I just invert one of the tow hooks and put the lip of the jack into that, it works great and the truck is very sturdy. Hi-lift also makes an adapter for curved bumpers: Hi-Lift Bumper Lift Attachment Kit for Hi-Lift Jacks BL250

gocmndo,
I almost mounted my jack in the exact same place as yours but sometimes I wheel in really tight woods and didn't want to take the chance of something getting bent or broken by a tree. That is a really sweet topper/rack setup on the rear of your truck, is it a can-back? Care to expound?

James

12vctd

Spink: What did you do to get that flex?? Freakin Nasty.
Im not spink but i will try to guess his mods(well atleast get close)

The rear appears to have a shackle flip on it, and the front I noticed a longer shackle, and lift springs and possibly f350 extended shock towers.

Honestly a chevy leaf spring suspension is really easy to get flex from.

MY toy uses for rear leafs 57 inches long with a set of chevy IFS truck springs (63inches) and a rear shackle flip I can twist it up very well with 42's, another thing that really helps is chevys frames twist up pretty well.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
On the old website there was a guy by the name MAJMOD that had a photo set of his 1009. He installed his mounts on the driverside rear inside panel. He mounted a tool box on the rear wheel well and the jack was just behind it. Very much worth taking a look at. Once I get my hi-lift, that's where mine will probably go.

spink7124

Raiburn,
Like 12vctd mentioned, it is all pretty standard chev stuff. The rear uses the stock springs with a shackle flip and a couple of leaves removed. For the front, I used stock chevy 1/2 ton rear springs and some hangers from diy4x.com to mount them.

The key to good flex is keeping leaf springs long, low, and flat combined with longer shackles to let the springs really move. I could actually get a little more flex outta the truck if I changed the shackle angles a bit, but it would cause other problems- my transfer case is clocked flat so right now my front 1410 drive shaft is pretty maxed out and if I changed the rear any more the springs would try to bottom out on the hangers if I put a heavy load in the bed.

The frame flex definitely helps out too...

James