• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hiab knuckle boom crane

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Going to inspect a crane this weekend. If it works like he says it does, I will be bringing it home. Its at a place where they know nothing about it other than it "works". Is there anywhere I can find info on model #s? Most of my searches are dead ends. I know it will lift 7klbs @ 6ft and 2400lbs @ 16. It has its own power source, so I need not worry about PTOs or hydraulic pumps.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good size crane Gimp, the older models are not easy to find spec for, my '75 HIAB is a 765A model and I can only find info on similar models, like 780AW. Look for the model # on the crane pedestal. The tags will give a lot of info also.
Another self contained unit, that's great...

gimpyrobb

Self powered unit eh? Does it have outriggers?
Kenny, of the 4 pics I got, the pic of the base was too close to tell if it has them. I requested more pics that include the controls, base and motor, but I will be there Sat, so I will have my own pics soon.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Gimp...that sorta kinda looks like the crane on BFR's truck...he gave me the data plates and some literature on it....except it is PTO powered.

If you want anything let me know.:beer:

gimpyrobb

From some info DH found me, I think its a Hiab 550. The weight and distance(capacities) are the same. This one has the bonus of a hydraulic rotator and a set of pallet forks on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks