• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hiding the winch

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you're going to have to put a fairlead roller on the rear in order for it to "feed" well, possibly a pulley system to reverse it and feed out toward the front if you want to go that route.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That looks interesting kinda like a Russian truck I saw in Bosnia. Can you post more pictures of you bob? It looks like the driveline is not hooked up so how do you know it is faster than your wrecker?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a PTO winch back under where the spare tire would go, in one of my old International pickups. When using it, one has to be real careful about the line, that it doesn't become tangled. A set of fairleads for it is imparitive. If you have hydrolics availiable back there, not sure that you would need the PTO. Juts run things on the hydrolics.

Lee in Alaska

mlwats1@hotmail.com

RE: fairlead view

i could put the brake lines on top and in front of the axle, thanks for the idea, and you are right i could put a winch pully at the rear and run the line forward if needed, i think a level wind is in order.

cruzinz28

mlwats

Do you have any updated pictures of your install??? I would appreciate any that you have. I have rounded up all the parts to add a rear pto winch as well, excpet I plan to power the winch via a direct drive shaft. Hope to hear from you soon.
- Jesse

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll want that fairlead turned upside down. Otherwise the line will just droop down (with gravity), and not be guided at all. As much as a Guy tries to keep the line straight off the drum, you always seem to have to pull at an angle!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks