• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

high beams stuck on

gmjunky87

one day I switched my high beams on and went to turn them off and lever moved but no "click" I've searched and can't really find anything on here related to this problem. I'm not sure if something is broken at the stalk or at the actual switch. I usually run with my high beams on at night because the low beams suck but I usually like to run with my low beams on in the daylight. I really don't want to pull the steering column apart IMG_1848.jpgIMG_1850.jpg

gmjunky87

well I'll replace the switch on the bottom to see if that works, if not, guess i'll be a pulling the steering wheel, might be a good time to replace the ignition switch (anti theft) and everything else that is plastic junk in there.

detroitdiesel4x4

Mine did the same after sitting for awhile. I had to turn my left and right signals on really fast a few times to get the "click" back. If I didn't do that it would just move without clicking or turning off the beams. A lot of playing with it and and some crc-336 freed it up like brand new

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just purchased a M1028 that had no headlights. It had all other working lights. so I replaced the headlights, and no lights. I replaced the light pull switch and no lights. Then I read a post on one of the chevy truck forum, and it said to try clicking the dimmer switch on and off about 20 times and then try the headlights. Presto, I had headlights. This truck has been sitting for years and suspect something was in the contacts. I suspect at some point I will need to replace it, but not now. I want to get it painted and new tires and show it at Aberdeen.

gmjunky87

Then I read a post on one of the chevy truck forum, and it said to try clicking the dimmer switch on and off about 20 times and then try the headlights. Presto, I had headlights.
my old 87 half ton used to do that when it was cold, had to pull the headlight switch in and out a million times before it would make contact

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in the same situation with my M1009. The click is gone. I've been running with the high beams on at night for about a year now. No one seems to notice though. If someone orders a replacement switch please post the part number so I can go shopping.:beer: