• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High Miles

DanM7890

The one I won has 60k. It ran fine and had no missing parts. Not sure about good or bad, aren't diesel engines long lasting if the maintenance is kept up with?

armytruck63

49200 miles divided by 23 years equals 2139 miles per year. Remember that MV speedometers are notoriously easy to change, so there really is no way of telling how many miles are on the vehicle.

Mine was a 1994 M998 with 39K. Have put another 2K on and the truck is a good one.

Mind you a lot of those "low mileage" trucks are higher mileage trucks with a newer cluster.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
NO, NO!!!!! Don't buy one with over 100 (one hundred miles) on it. That's too many miles.

It's actually more important about what unit the vehicle belonged to and what their command maintenance policy and supervision was. I had one unit that...as recently discussed... that was the worst unit in the army. They were the laziest, most whinny, pile of crap that had a penchant for filing congressional, EO, and IG complaints when told to do something for their country. Their congress#$%^& is currently running for a very high office. If it was for her, they would had been canned many years before. May they all rot in he!!. Anyway, I wouldn't buy a vehicle associated with that unit for a penny for fear of having some type of bad ju ju come off on me and contaminate my life, family and friends.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks