• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High Park Fire, CO

steelandcanvas

The temp topped out at 105* in Denver, the weather obviously is not cooperating to help put out our fires. May God Bless our Fire Fighters. It's 100* right now at my place, with winds gusting at 15-20 mph, luckily I am quite a few miles from the fires.

My apololgies for hi-jacking your thread Ronnfry261, I guess I just got caught up in the moment with all the devastation going on. I am also sorry for your losses.

Last edited:

ronfry261

So, I have this 5Ton Garwood winch on the front of my 211. Ya'll have seen
the pictures of the truck... what do you folks think the condition of that winch might be? I am seriously thinking about removing it and selling it. If the pics are not adequate let me know and I'll get some close ups.

Ron

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the pictures of the truck... what do you folks think the condition of that winch might be? I am seriously thinking about removing it and selling it. If the pics are not adequate let me know and I'll get some close ups.

Ron
Ron, so sorry about your loss. I was wondering about the winch before you mentioned it. I think with some new seals, it should be fine. Also the PTO. I would pull those parts before sending the poor 211 to scrap.

ronfry261

Today we had some heavy rains that caused some flooding in the canyon, both Rist Canyon and Poudre Canyon. Pyroclastic soil does a great job of sheeting water off... Hwy 14 and Rist Canyon road were closed for an hour or so, but all is well now.

I will have to get the winch off the truck before I can see what the status is. I'll inform when removal is complete.

Ron

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Feelin' a little helpless wishin' we could help out Ron so be sure to let us know what you need.

I Know of an M215 hiding in Montana that would be real handy for you if you decide to
get at it again.

Best wishes,

Dave

trukhead

Ron
If there is lube in it it may be ok but if the lube is burnt out of it I would say the metallurgy is changed in the gear and worm and it is now soft steel and won't hold up. 2cents

Keep your chin up, family is the important part of life.

Stuff can be replaced.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron,

I'm very happy that your family was able to make it out. Sadly, you were working towards a better goal of stopping the fire. It's very sad to see the damage, but in the end, trucks can be replaced. Hope in the grand scheme of things, you guys get the fire under control and help others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks