• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High pressure fuel line bleeding.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive done some searching but am still confused. What is the best way to bleed air out of the fuel system after the injection pump? I have replaced the IP, injectors, and return lines. I also cleaned out the steel lines. Thanks

Matt

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
High pressure fuel line bleeding. DONE

I got the 1028 started today. As for bleeding the lines I found it was easiest to do one side of the engine at a time. I tightened the fittings on the steel line then about 1/4 turn loose (on injectors). Then about 15sec cranking to 1min of stoping to cool, after I would crank I would look at the fittings (lots of little bubbles). After a couple minutes of "cranking" it was all fuel. Tighten all 4 fittings and repeat for the other side. A good battery charger is a must as this would eat alot of batteries. Hope this helps.

Matt

Goatwerks

Easiest way is to use 2 people,one person on the key, the othersprays WD 40 into the plenum to start and keep it running while bleeding the lines one at a time.
Takes about 10 min and no battery charger. As each line gets bled, it will smooth out and run normal. :wink: I've used this method for decades :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you are gonna crank the engine, pull the glow plugs, that way you are not building compression. FYI, dont light a cigarette.
Did not even think of that. Oh well the truck is running now and just needs the trans shift switch tweeked.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks