• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High pressure oil line

stewartoverland

Hey guys. Need your help.
Looking for specifications for the following item, distributed by Grigsby Trucks.

Can you tell me the original part number and the dimensions of the hose & connections to the engine & governor?

Can't order at Grigsbys 'cause delivery to Germany ist too expensive. Can get something similar at the local mechanic store.

Thanks a bunch
Nicole

Kbarnes0

Hey guys. Need your help.
Looking for specifications for the following item, distributed by Grigsby Trucks.

Can you tell me the original part number and the dimensions of the hose & connections to the engine & governor?

Can't order at Grigsbys 'cause delivery to Germany ist too expensive. Can get something similar at the local mechanic store.

Thanks a bunch
Nicole
Might be best to pull it and bring the hard line in with that image. Best that they have the part they are building. You may find the shop has an even better solution than the Grigsby one.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Might be best to pull it and bring the hard line in with that image. Best that they have the part they are building. You may find the shop has an even better solution than the Grigsby one.
Most places freak and get confused with tube and/ inverted flare fittings are involved so swapping to hydraulic line with jic is best

The fittings into the block and governor are sae boss type. 1/4" or 3/8" type. To #4 male JIC

The hose in the picture has #4 female on each end the 90 degree fitting is an F series parker # 13926-4-4. Hose is a 1/4" hose cotton jacket.

Block end of the hose is 1xu43-4-4 fitting

I can pull the fittings on an engine shortly and know the correct # for sure. Pretty crazy price on that thing. About double what it costs to make one.

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope you get it figured out and thanks for the thread I just ordered one. For the money spent driving 80 mile round trip to the Hyd. shop in Ocala that I trust then buying all the fittings it was worth it to me to just click a couple of buttons. Little high on there shipping end to me but once again I do not have to leave my house with AC & TV and play toys to fix / play with.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry people I would not put that on my trucks. Those thin tubes sticking out are much more susceptible to vibration fatigue than oem.

coachgeo

Sorry people I would not put that on my trucks. Those thin tubes sticking out are much more susceptible to vibration fatigue than oem.
if your talking about the Grigsby one. when it comes to vibration..... think they are fine..... because the vibration is nothing compared to the stiff line that was there before. There is no vibration being transferred from one end to the other with that set up.

don't know enough about oil flow to say anything in that regard

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if your talking about the Grigsby one. when it comes to vibration..... think they are fine..... because the vibration is nothing compared to the stiff line that was there before. There is no vibration being transferred from one end to the other with that set up.

don't know enough about oil flow to say anything in that regard
Agree no vibration on hose. Was wondering about oil flow too but it only feeds the governor / fuel pump area so I can not see it needing that much GPH and not that big of loss with hose. I will report back when it gets here.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
they are 1/4" SAE boss into the block and the governor.

I wouldn't use the 90 degree crimp cause those can walk and loosen up if in a bind. I would simply use 90 degree boss fitting to #4 male JIC and use two straight #4 females

Hose won't be effected by vibration. Fittings wont either if they use straight swivels.

Atleast with the hose if you have future issues it can be replaced almost anywhere. Over the metal line that would be from the cat house. I always replace metal lines with hydraulic whenever I can.

You could even use parker push lok line in a pinch since they are rated to 250psi working pressure and 1000psi burst if you needed a bandaid to get along

Kbarnes0

I would be surprised at an issue with oil flow from a feed on a block. Regardless of what it flows through to an item. Solid line, or any typical fabricated soft line.

First you would here of starvation due to block oil feed design. Similar to early Ford engines feeding the cam before the crank.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the oil requirements for the governor?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well as said I will sea soon. Also they are calling it a high pressure line but it seems like it only has to carry what ever the oil pressure of the motor is.
As to what the oil line does would seem like it would be just like the Deuce IP engine oil to IP feed line. Just puts some oil on moving parts and returns to the pan .
He is using the Parker 426-4 hose. Good hose for the job. As for walking and getting loose if you put it on right the hose would be pulling the governor side fitting up just a tad which would keep it tight. Also not a lot of room for extra fittings this was well thought out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still wait on the line to come in but I stopped by Ring Power and picked up some O rings. Believe I got the correct one for the new line to governor fitting. Cat # 3J7354.

stewartoverland

Thanks guys, for the interesting discussion.
Meanwhile, I contacted CAT Germany for the "right" spare part. Share the answer with you, as soon as I get one.

Nicole

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks