• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High water/Fire Department M925A2

LCFD

Unfortunately like previously stated this truck was given to us by the federal government and we are not allowed to sell it. We must put it in use and remain in use for 1 year.

I am going to have our mechanic take a look at the CTIS.

thanks guys

LCFD

I know. I just hate to see such a fine piece of equipment destroyed. Especially one which has served our country and now it's citizens.

But in the end everything is disposable. We lost out 850,000 tower ladder during Sandy.

LCFD

Couple of questions:

Has anyone seen a red or black cargo cover?

i have been attempting to read up on this electrical "slave" thing. What I have gotten so far is that you can jump your truck or another truck. Is there anymore to this?

All of the lights on the CTIS option panel are flashing. 2 of the tires are not auto inflating.

Is there a port to attach pneumatic tools to the 925'a air compressor?

My neighboring FD just completed some upgrades to their m925A2. I would like to post the pictures but I am unsure how to do this.

thanks

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I believe the newer style cargo cover can be painted. The slave port is like the jump connector on a tow truck. It is a 24 volt connection across the batteries. If all of the lights are flashing you probably have a big leak somewhere on the feed side. The system senses it and faults. Look for disconnected or dry rotted lines. It will not put air into any of the tires like that. It does not pick and choose it will either feed pressure to all tires or allow all tires to dump air. You can make a line with a glad hand on one end and an air connection on the other or plumb in an air connection.

Vintage iron

when i went to the Sussex show this year. one on the NJ department brought their M923a2 that was red and black. I think another member had a picture in a earlier post. Well I spoke to the crew and they had put the truck to the test when their county had some flooding. The crew said the whole truck got swamped, because the seal on the air cleaner wasn't tight enough. The water got into everything they said. Makes sense because everything vents into the air intake tube. they saved the truck and moved the air cleaner behind the cab up high. I thought it was a good idea.

LCFD

I talked to a sergeant when we bought the truck. He said the air filter is water tight and CBRN tight as long as it is sealed properly. But again..... One of my idiots could be messing around and open it accidentally lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks