• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Highway speed of 5ton

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you upgrade your brake system you would be fine.....
Easier said then done, I am looking into it for our 5-ton. Going double is a pain, and going air-brake is expensive and difficult also. Also changes the truck rather strongly, but if earning a buck with it is your only goal, why not.

I'm in Alaska right now but I work all over. I knew I'd have to upgrade the air breaks ..........
I am not sure from this sentence if you plan to upgrade from the existing system to air brakes or improve the existing air brakes. If the first, that is a lot of work. If the second, the M800 series do not have air brakes, they have air-assisted hydraulics.

Especially when counting the time needed to re-do the M800 to your specs, even with a lot of spare parts available, it will be not cheap. If you already have one, ok. If you are considering buying one to upgrade, as said by many, safe yourself a lot of hassle to get a very noisy limited imitation of an M900 and get the real thing somewhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks