• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hinge hood

Wallye

Hello everyone ... I am dismantling the car in the workshop to paint it and the hood hinges are pretty bad. I know that the references are 14043823 and 14043824, but for example in Rockauto I can't find them. Do you know where I can find them complete or if they are the same as a Blazar, S10 or similar 3/4 ton?
Thanks, David

cucvrus

Hood hinges are the same on all full size C K series trucks, cab chassis from 1981-1991. From 1988 on they made cab chassis in V R series. That is the newer body style. I have a lot of CUCV hood hinges and spring loaded hinges. They are FREE if you pay the shipping. Let me know. And yes K5 Blazer and GMC K Jimmy full-size are the same 1981-1991. Take Care.

HeisenBob

Hood hinges are the same on all full size C K series trucks, cab chassis from 1981-1991. From 1988 on they made cab chassis in V R series. That is the newer body style. I have a lot of CUCV hood hinges and spring loaded hinges. They are FREE if you pay the shipping. Let me know. And yes K5 Blazer and GMC K Jimmy full-size are the same 1981-1991. Take Care.
Do you know how to adjust them? I’ve been searching the interwebs and the TMs but haven’t been able to find the correct procedure. When I got my truck, the hood latch was missing but the hook that is spring loaded was there. So the hood would stay closed, just not latch down tight. I found the cable and latch at pull a part and after assembly, the hood is lower than the fender at the rear in the driver side and almost flush if not a little low on the passenger side.

cucvrus

It is fully adjustable at the rear hinges to hood area. It is a bit sensitive to slight adjustment alone. But with 3 people it can be adjusted perfect. the rubber stops up front and the striker assembly will also help get everything in alignment. But everything on the cab and body must be properly aligned before the hood will fit and adjust correctly. So if you had the fenders, front core support or entire body , cab off you are in for a lot of trial and error. I had my m1009 off the frame and when I was at the hood adjustment I was at the underside loosening all the body mounts to get everything aligned properly. Doors, rear gate, fenders, hood are all fully adjustable. Be Safe and Take Care.

HeisenBob

It is fully adjustable at the rear hinges to hood area. It is a bit sensitive to slight adjustment alone. But with 3 people it can be adjusted perfect. the rubber stops up front and the striker assembly will also help get everything in alignment. But everything on the cab and body must be properly aligned before the hood will fit and adjust correctly. So if you had the fenders, front core support or entire body , cab off you are in for a lot of trial and error. I had my m1009 off the frame and when I was at the hood adjustment I was at the underside loosening all the body mounts to get everything aligned properly. Doors, rear gate, fenders, hood are all fully adjustable. Be Safe and Take Care.
Goodness. Sounds like a lot of work. Both doors need adjusting as well. They both hit the front fenders when the doors are opened and make a loud popping sound. They sit flush at the top but both sit low and the bottoms stick out.

cucvrus

Wallye

Thanks for reply and sorry for delay....
Finally I got it!!! I appreciate the detail a lot...
Thanks, David!!!!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks