• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hissing from brake box area

McSpeed

I just replaced the powers steering gear and fan solenoid. All seems well. Except a hiss now that comes and goes in the areas above my left foot or brake pedal area.

I had to work a lot of air out from the gear swap

air? Something else?

90Jimmy

I just replaced the powers steering gear and fan solenoid. All seems well. Except a hiss now that comes and goes in the areas above my left foot or brake pedal area.

I had to work a lot of air out from the gear swap

air? Something else?
Did you replace the Cadillac Valve? If you did and the old one was not functioning it most likely is the hissing noise the Cadillac valve makes. Loosen the clamp that's around it and wrap an insulator around the valve then tighten the clamp....like tire tube rubber or something. Worked for me...

Last edited:

McSpeed

Yes I did. That’s explains it. And the other one has been dead since I got the truck. By the way, it feels like I have 50 more ponies under the hood until it locks in and then you really hear and feel the fan drag. But it cools down super fast and shuts back down for a bit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks