• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMH 772, Det. A AKA HMH 769

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy
Don't know if we have any MAG 42, NAS Alameda Marines roaming around on this site, but just in case, wanted to pass on some interesting information. The CH-53A helicopters assigned to Alameda in the late 70's and early 80's were all turned over to AMARC, sometime after I left. MS 481 to MS 486 were as of sometime in '08 still there but as gutted hulks. My question for probably 10 years was what ever happened to MS 487 (my bird)? Just found out today that it and several other A's were sent to another country. For me, that's great. Spent many hours, days and weeks making that the cleanest bird we had (and to keep Fred off my butt). For it to be kept flying (even for a short time) was fantastic. If you want a picture, my avatar was taken from inside 487 as we left Yuma in late 1984. The picture is of a sister 53A, just can't remember which one.

Here's the link: US Navy and US Marine Corps BuNos--Third Series (150139 to 156169)

If you're looking for a specific AC, check out his site.