• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmm..... ballistic resistent LineX

coachgeo

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4874598460001
There is no mention of it being anything more than their normal LineX product or not.

Ballistic help aua welllll.. thats a bit of a long shot (pardon the pun;) ) buttttt... Have wondered about spraying insulation foam with it to see if it could be somewhat structural for say a light enclosed trailer orr??

PS-- as has been mentioned numerous times down below..... obviously it is not a ballistic protection beyond some reduction in spall... remind me to never apply for a job as a writer for a sitcom:nothingfunny:

Last edited:

coachgeo

I'd imagine mixing fibers in with standard linex would improve it's ballistic properties.
honestly the ballistic comment was intended to be a bit humorous even though they mention it in the video. I'll add emoticons to help portray that. The main point was intending to convey is maybe this idea could be takken to a large scale and use it to spray over Insulation board foam as a means build your own semi solid bed covers and/or camper shelters

Last edited:

cjacksoncpa

They were talking about using it as an anti-spall coating. In other words to help contain the fragments that happen when the bullet hits the steel plate.
I have included a quote from AR500 armor that has a coating like Linex.

"Our lightweight level IIIA steel plate comes standard with a build up coat of PAXCON anti-spall and fragmentation material, as well as an ergonomic curve"

coachgeo

They were talking about using it as an anti-spall coating. In other words to help contain the fragments that happen when the bullet hits the steel plate...."
yep, should help with tree branch punches to what it is applied to as well. So question still remains about using it over foam to build bed shelters etc. out of.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The LineX is used as an anti-spall coating over ballistic armor. It doesn't stop bullets itself, it just reduces the spatter (spall) left over after the projectile fragments at high speed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks