• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmm..do you like low flying aircraft?....then here ya go!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That Tornado was LOW! WOW!! Thanks for the pics and ya brought back memories of the smell of AV gas and the throaty rumble of the radial!!

God bless,
Tony

KsM715

Back in the mid 90's when I was at Ft Riley with my TACP (tactical air control party) we used to get some of the "fast movers" to fly by for a "panel check". I'll tell you there is nothing more thrilling than having a F16 fly over your head at 30' - 50' off the ground doing just under Mach 1.

Those British tornado pilots are absolutely crazy. While in Kuwait they would do some fly by's that were lower than the small dunes we were using for the OP out at range.

( sadly, all before the days of go-pro's and cell phone cameras)

steelypip

I wonder whose F-104 that was. I hope...I really hope the photo was taken from bleachers/truck roof/reviewing stand and the wingtip isn't actually as close to the pavement as it looks to be. He's in mid roll - you can see that the ailerons are deflected.

Knowing what a brickbat an F-104 was, doing a roll even at 100 ft is a pretty terrifying prospect. Depending on model, the ejection seat fires either up or DOWN on that acft...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks