• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmv 6.2l to be rebuilt for a M1009

tyort

I have recently acquired a Hmmv 6.2L engine in a can. It's not a new or rebuilt engine. Can it be rebuilt and reconfigured for a cucv? Is it even worth it?

Any advice is appreciated.

cucvrus

A lot of if and unknown here. I bought a few in cans and set them back in vehicles and ran them. Most were just removed to put 6.5 engines in. Any documents with the engine? But to answer your question yes you can rebuild and use in a CUCV. most exterior long block parts are exactly the same. All add on brackets, oil pan and pulleys from HMMWV have to go. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks