• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMV M-60A3 camo paint votes are being taken

Ewa Marine

Aloha from Hawaii gang!

We are getting ramped up to paint the first M-60 camo paint...We would love to hear your favorite USMC Camo for the thing....
The majority votes will be considered when its decided at the next board meeting for the museum!

Mahalo(thanks!) ,
Brad
Hawaii Museum of Military Vehicles (HMMV)

Ewa Marine

versions on the table:

Repaint existing MERDC scheme.
Single color Marine Green
Gulf War One/Desert Shield Desert Storm Tan

If any Marine tankers are on SS...we would like to here from you now!

SF
Brad

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most vehicles these days are either green CARC or camo...and to a lesser extent 686A tan CARC. MERDC camo would really be the best correct color in my opinion. I am not really familiar with the USMC specific paint and the years it was applied to vehicles. I thought that ended in the late 60s, but maybe I am wrong. If that is coect, an M60A3 would not have been correctly painted in specific USMC colors. I could be, and might be, wrong. Regardless, I KNOW MERDC was correct and I think the tank would look great repainted in these colors. I specifically like the scheme that is heavy in field drab like many of the vehicles that come out of WI for some reason.

saddamsnightmare

May 11th, 2010.

EWA Marine:

+ 1 vote for the 686A tan scheme/Desert Shield/Desert Storm. It won't blend in to the Hawaii tropic background, much easier to touch up, more current then MERDC 4 color or solid green as regards operational useage. Just my 2cents worth. My deuce in the icon is 686A tan and was in Desert Shield/Desert Storm, so you may say that I'm partial, plus it's the last war we went over and kicked butt and then got out.....(personal opinion here, guys).:grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks