• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMVW roll bars

BLK HMMWV

You need to be a bit more specific as to what your looking for.
nothing specifically called a roll bar on a HMMWV.
a picture of what your looking for might help or a part #

AOR

Ironically I asked someone locally about this the other day because he has this on his vehicle. He said the same thing SF and the early SF so I did more research and found out that SF stands for special forces and the model number is M1165
I do not think they will work with soft tops which is what I want to do. I saved a few pictures I hope this helps the original poster locate what he is looking for and I would also possibly like to have this setup as I do not feel safe with the standard M998 setup it has now. I have probably seen over 100 off road roll overs in person

Attachments

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is pictured is the Lightweight Weapons Station with the addition of MSG rear bars. You can find most parts to the kit, but the H-frame turret support is nearly impossible to find. This setup is/was mostly used by Israeli, Canadian and Greek special forces.hmmwvassaultcargorail.pngcanadian1a.jpg

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have this type C pillar setup....A person can add a softop with some work.
DSC_000847.JPG
DSC_000845.JPG

Attachments

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep...thats it for now.
Might be some in florida or maine.

lowell66dart

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm having one built up now. It will bolt on using existing holes. It will mount just behind the existing C pillar. I will post pics when it's done.

lowell66dart

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little progress. The plates got cut on the waterjet today. I need to drill the angle this weekend and hopefully the pipe gets bent and welded next week. It will be as close to the shape of the C pillar as possible and have the same amount of forward slant/lean. The PVC is where I will get the main hoop and support bars welded on.

This is only intended to give the passengers a little more protection in case someone tee bones me and we get upside down. The truck will never see conditions to turn it over with me driving. I am also going to mount a skinny LED light bar under the roll bar facing backwards. My goal was to put build something similar to Gregs pics above and not drill 20 holes in the body.

It would be easy to attach this to the frame or any of the suspension mounts if someone needed that level of protection and do it up in steel. Lot's of room under the fenders...IMG_0937.jpgIMG_0938.jpgIMG_0939.jpgIMG_0940.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks