• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV 4L80 Control box Item?

DocBreckon

Hello fellow members... Thank you for your time. I have a 2005 M1123. I have an issue. The box was open and a piece was missing. I took a picture of my other Rigs box. I have scoured the internet for days including this sites Posts and even the TM's, without any luck identifying the black plastic module thing? Attached is a photo of the item. Its wired to the green 16g wire running from the plug to the TCU insiide the M1123A's Transmission control box... I called a few well versed people who specialize in HMMWV's, but still cannot find anything on it. I need to find one or replace it with a new similar item. A neighbor of mine who Senior Air Force Jet mechanic for the Thunderbirds here in Vegas, he said it may be a EMP indicator but not sure what it is. I see most of these black boxes are missing and have been cut out of the boxes online, this is leading my neighbor to believe its something the Govt does not want getting into the wrong hands. IE EMP detector or ????? Please help if you can.. Thank you again for your time and knowledge.. Doc Breckon

Attachments

DocBreckon

Awesome. I know they have an exposed area at the bottom where water could possible get in? I do not know of a way to test them but Im ok with buying a used unit... If you are willing to sell it I'm a buyer. I appreciate you...Dave 702-33 4- 5 88 6

DocBreckon

I recently replaced my transmission controller and have one of those that I am not using. Came out of my 04 M1123. I am unsure of the condition since my box had some water in it.
Awesome. I know they have an exposed area at the bottom where water could possible get in? I do not know of a way to test them but Im ok with buying a used unit... If you are willing to sell it I'm a buyer. I appreciate you...Dave 702-33 4- 5 88 6

Action

The box is sealed and has a gasket on the lid. Water should not be getting into the TCM box.

AAVP7

That item is an "EMI filter choke" (Electromagnetic Interference). It is shown in the 4L80 troubleshooting guide in the schematic on page 138.

What I find weird is that it looks like it was cast inside the glass of a side marker light....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks