• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv 6.5l purchased, turns out to be a 6.2l

OPFORMI

The data plate picture is only visible while the auction is in process. I complained about that on one of mine and had it explained to me. Do a search and most of the data plate photos are hidden on most of the sold units.

garlar4

Banned
Good Luck! I'm at 8 weeks and countin......
Well I hope they speed up a bit. I have a limited time to get it here and put away before the boss (wife) comes back from working out of state. I won mine in a intoxicated buying spree at 2am the night before the auction. I don't even remember placing the bid. I'm now banned from the internet when drinking. Ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gtodan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did not notice that, thanks.

The data plate picture is only visible while the auction is in process. I complained about that on one of mine and had it explained to me. Do a search and most of the data plate photos are hidden on most of the sold units.

gtodan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a good divorce attorney. :mrgreen:

Well I hope they speed up a bit. I have a limited time to get it here and put away before the boss (wife) comes back from working out of state. I won mine in a intoxicated buying spree at 2am the night before the auction. I don't even remember placing the bid. I'm now banned from the internet when drinking. Ha ha ha

Wire Fox

Got a good divorce attorney. :mrgreen:
You. You guys are the reason that before I'm even married, I'm slammed with ads on this site for divorce lawyers. Stop it! Despite having spent time searching for rings, I've yet to see a single ad for engagement rings on here, but have seen plenty of ads for HMMWV parts I've looked at... rofl

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your link doesn't work , this is why the site wants you to post pictures directly to SS.
If you are logged in you can search the item number (i.e. 898851) and it will come up. Or with any other item open, change the 6-digit item number in the address and it will open the item, even if you are not logged in.

shawnshumvee

The Link does work. For me at least. Its a 6.2. The description clearly says..."6.5" but the pictures show it being a 6.2. GovPlanet, what more can i say? Nevertheless here's a few pictures to know the difference between the 6.2 & 6.5 You may already know the difference but in case you don't the pictures will help

.IMG_2914.jpgIMG_2915.jpg

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are logged in you can search the item number (i.e. 898851) and it will come up. Or with any other item open, change the 6-digit item number in the address and it will open the item, even if you are not logged in.
And in a short time the links will go dead . You also shouldn't have to sign in to another site to see someones post. That is why the forum has rules in place about linking .

Linking:
Please consider the following regarding linking:
• Do not link to password protected websites that the rest of the membership cannot access.
• Do not post links that are known to "go dead" after a short period of time.

shawnshumvee

So can any one tell from this pic if it's the 6.5 or the 6.2?

The pictures i seen when i clicked on your link (it's still working) and logged in, are clearly showing a 6.2 L NA engine. Now this new picture it appears that the Tach/Oil pump drive lock down nut is on the right side which indicates it being a 6.5. I can't see the engine castings in the new picture. But look at the pictures I posted. Now Your tach drive/oil pump lock down should be on the right side and you should have castings on the engine, the casings are for a Turbo set up. Get a better pic of the back of the engine.

Here's the new pic from your link.

9ed98a7427459bfc4bc5d0a468859def.png.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks