• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV accessory AC power

jake-cutter

I am looking for a plug and play inverter type solution to run ac accessories such as a phone charge. I already have an Iris Quite power inverter that plugs into the slave receptacle, it just bothers the passenger side as it goes right by them. I would like to find one like the pics and youtube vid below that can run off of the radio power. Anybody know what type of inverter/power distribution box that is?

~

~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqmeTSDvmHw&t=236s

Attachments

Wire Fox

Well, nobody is forcing you to actually use the slave plug for the Quiet Power system. You can simply open up the housing for the slave plug, unbolt the two leads, slide them out, and then route them into the battery box to be hard wired. ...and then you could mail the unneeded slave plug to me! :grin:

But for completionists' sake, I would like to know what that unit is as well. It looks like it has a few more plugs than is usual, and also looked like it ran off of a radio power cable.

jake-cutter

I found an older version for the M113 pn# 12383862 that has some of the connections, but of course older models. Looks like there were some updates and even contracts out for updated versions as of 2014 for use in an MRAP and up armored HMMWV's. At least its a starting point to finding it as it seems like a nice plug and play option.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks