• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Air Conditioning

bcheval

ALCON,
I am in the process of installing air conditioning in my M998A1 and need help with the installation of the rear condensers that mount under the wheel wells. Does anyone have an MWO covering the installation? I have most of the equipment, (Red Dot A/C kit) and one of the condensers. I plan on posting pictures of the build during progression. I could also use TM-9-2320-387-24P if willing to share.
Thank you all
E

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no MWO for this action...those are OEM factory solutions. The military never installed them in conjunction with the red dot kit.

MattNC

I'll be following this for sure as its on the possible future project list along with a 4sp transmission. Driving in the heat and humidity this weekend was tiring. My brother in law, who drove HMMWV's in the army, said this weekend he was going to stick his honda generator in the bed with a window AC unit plugged in and stuck under the rear flap. That would be a pretty hilarious setup! We did a road trip in July 500 miles round trip in the NC heat and I would have probably gone for that. We were beef jerky by the end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks