• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv and cummins 5.9

Dock Rocker

Why not just go all 12 volt if you have gone this far. Basically all you need is a 12v heater blower and wiper motor now. You can swap all your bulbs to LED s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skrilex

Banned
I’m going to convert to 12v on my 12v (pun intended) I wonder if the blower and wiper can be rewound for 12v?

Re your question, why not just fab a bracket to hold the 24v alternator?

Sintorion

Won't the fan and wiper run on 12v, just slower? It isn't like the fan blows strong anyway and with rain-x, you just need the wiper to clear mud.

jester3798

idk if it would run on 12v, im thinking not very efficiently or without generating a lot of heat in the electrical motor. the alternator i have is wound for 24v and should fit with no issues. sourced that one from wolverine technologies awhile back for my 5ton

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
idk if it would run on 12v, im thinking not very efficiently or without generating a lot of heat in the electrical motor. the alternator i have is wound for 24v and should fit with no issues. sourced that one from wolverine technologies awhile back for my 5ton
Wrong 12v
Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
lol yeah man....the fanciest. im an aircraft technician and i have a bad case of obsessive compulsive.....**** has to be perfect
Apparently not with your use of punctuation and capitalization.

Site rules ask that you try to post at a 6th grade level with proper capitalization and punctuation.

Also, no expletives, even if xed out.

jester3798

I am very sorry kind sir. Please accept my utmost apologies for the grievous misuse of capitalization and punctuation. I must truly look like a heathen to all of you refined and dignified gentlemen. I am so very sorry.

Buddy, i'm trying to run a company, deal with paypal messing up my account, being a dad to two kids, etc etc. So if the .6 seconds i find to reply to someone breaking my chops on the way i work on things offends you then i'm truly sorry. I'll find some more time to work on my 6th grade education level.

It astounds me that you would even take the time to comment on something like that, but hey what ever makes you feel good.

jester3798

Cmon guys, there is no need to bash any one for what they believe. In my eyes this is done. I use this site to learn stuff from some amazingly talented and educated individuals. I also like to share what I have and will do with my military vehicles. I'd like to just keep on topic here and that is putting a 5.9L Cummins in my HMMWV.

And i very rarely drink alcohol, apparently I have a hard time typing sober.

have an awesome weekend everyone

RC

acudanut

I would love to this engine in a Humvee. They should have done it 30 years ago. 6.2 and 6.5 GM engines suck and are a pain in the ass to work on. Cheers

dilvoy

I would love to this engine in a Humvee. They should have done it 30 years ago. 6.2 and 6.5 GM engines suck and are a pain in the ass to work on. Cheers

Cummins came late to the light truck market. Wasn't it around 1989 when their six banger was put into a production light truck, before that just used in tractors and maybe other machinery? Too late for the Humvee which began production in 1985.

Dock Rocker

Cummins came late to the light truck market. Wasn't it around 1989 when their six banger was put into a production light truck, before that just used in tractors and maybe other machinery? Too late for the Humvee which began production in 1985.
That and I am convinced that somebody at the DOD has a brother in law at GM. There is no other way that they used some of this junk so long.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks