• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv and cummins 5.9

Skrilex

Banned
I guess the silver lining is that if they had used a 6bt in the humvee there’s no way that I could afford one lol. That crummy old 6.2 is the thing that lowers them to within my reach.

dilvoy

That and I am convinced that somebody at the DOD has a brother in law at GM. There is no other way that they used some of this junk so long.
The military was buying new dodges with flat head sixes into the late sixties. If the vehicle did it's job, they kept buying it with none or minimal changes with maybe some bigger changes if something new came up. Same with the Humvee.
To put the Cummins engine would require a very large redesign of the vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks