• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Arctic 4 man soft top kit.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just purchased one from a guy in Illinois. Could not find one 4 man camo kit anywhere. Does anyone have pics of one installed? I've googled everywhere.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got mine a few years ago and just the new top and curtain off ebay for 350 bucks shipped. Crazy deal.

Mark

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got mine a few years ago and just the new top and curtain off ebay for 350 bucks shipped. Crazy deal.

Mark
You lucked out! I needed the whole kit anyways, as I'm converting my 2 man to 4. The cpillar kit alone is 900 with all the bolts and everything. The aftermarket tops are 1200. I don't know if I'll use the doors as they don't have zippers.

SmartDrug

I have this kit, bought it from the same jamoke in Illinois for a little less than you paid. It installed fine, not great, doors still don't fit great, neither does the top (this may be a bow issue, still haven't figured out all the bugs) but I will tweak it more when it warms up some.

It is the best deal going for a 2 to 4 man conversion, I concur with you on that. It's plenty warm inside with everything buttoned up.

Things worth noting - The doors do not have windows that open, it's sealed up, so once the weather turns, you'll want to find an alternative. The split rear window is odd for rear view visibility, but not terrible if your rear-view mirror is offset, too. This leads to the overall visibility, which is abysmal. The windows are too small, too low, etc. If you're going straight, it's fine, but any sort of driving in a populated area and it REALLY sucks. The plastic clamps for the footman loops all failed due to age. I have not been able to find a replacement, but it doesn't seem to affect it much (at all). The overall condition was fine, it was all new in box.

If you want any pictures of anything in particular, let me know, I'm happy to oblige.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have this kit, bought it from the same jamoke in Illinois for a little less than you paid. It installed fine, not great, doors still don't fit great, neither does the top (this may be a bow issue, still haven't figured out all the bugs) but I will tweak it more when it warms up some.

It is the best deal going for a 2 to 4 man conversion, I concur with you on that. It's plenty warm inside with everything buttoned up.

Things worth noting - The doors do not have windows that open, it's sealed up, so once the weather turns, you'll want to find an alternative. The split rear window is odd for rear view visibility, but not terrible if your rear-view mirror is offset, too. This leads to the overall visibility, which is abysmal. The windows are too small, too low, etc. If you're going straight, it's fine, but any sort of driving in a populated area and it REALLY sucks. The plastic clamps for the footman loops all failed due to age. I have not been able to find a replacement, but it doesn't seem to affect it much (at all). The overall condition was fine, it was all new in box.

If you want any pictures of anything in particular, let me know, I'm happy to oblige.
Ugh no. I'm wondering why he was a jamoke. Lol. He says he bought 50 in Vegas 3 years ago. Down to last 2. Guy made some money!

Is it water tight? Did you go from 2 man to 4?

SmartDrug

Ugh no. I'm wondering why he was a jamoke. Lol. He says he bought 50 in Vegas 3 years ago. Down to last 2. Guy made some money!

Is it water tight? Did you go from 2 man to 4?
I went back and forth with him for a while about various things, it wasn't bad or anything, just annoying. It took him a couple weeks to ship (only had a 200 mile journey, too), didn't provide any updates, when I could expect it, etc. I'm sure a lot of it was due to COVID shipping stuff, but it's annoying when people don't keep you in the loop, especially after spending $2,600 on "surplus" goods.

Water tight, yes, as much as you can expect from a vehicle like this, which isn't much.

I put it on my M1123, so I went from no doors/top, etc. totally stripped down, to a 4 man. I had a fair amount of leftover parts, due to the nature of installing this on an A2 truck, but the install went quite well.

Attachments

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went back and forth with him for a while about various things, it wasn't bad or anything, just annoying. It took him a couple weeks to ship (only had a 200 mile journey, too), didn't provide any updates, when I could expect it, etc. I'm sure a lot of it was due to COVID shipping stuff, but it's annoying when people don't keep you in the loop, especially after spending $2,600 on "surplus" goods.

Water tight, yes, as much as you can expect from a vehicle like this, which isn't much.

I put it on my M1123, so I went from no doors/top, etc. totally stripped down, to a 4 man. I had a fair amount of leftover parts, due to the nature of installing this on an A2 truck, but the install went quite well.
It better not take a few weeks! I actually got his info from off the web and called the store directly. Gentleman at store gave me his number. I saved a few hundred by not going through eBay. I'm about 4 hours away and if he doesn't ship by next week, road trip!

Your truck looks awesome with the setup. I can't wait to install mine.

SmartDrug

It better not take a few weeks! I actually got his info from off the web and called the store directly. Gentleman at store gave me his number. I saved a few hundred by not going through eBay. I'm about 4 hours away and if he doesn't ship by next week, road trip!

Your truck looks awesome with the setup. I can't wait to install mine.

If you have any questions, I'm glad to help answer, but it is pretty straightforward. The hardest part was getting the top itself in place, but that was because the channel at the front was a little bent and I didn't bother replacing it ($100), so it was snug. Aside from that, it was very simple. I didn't bother installing the rear seatbelt area velcro attach point things. For the use that mine sees, I don't need the extra waterproofing, but I might install it this Spring. Keep us posted and take some pictures along the way! Good luck!

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have any questions, I'm glad to help answer, but it is pretty straightforward. The hardest part was getting the top itself in place, but that was because the channel at the front was a little bent and I didn't bother replacing it ($100), so it was snug. Aside from that, it was very simple. I didn't bother installing the rear seatbelt area velcro attach point things. For the use that mine sees, I don't need the extra waterproofing, but I might install it this Spring. Keep us posted and take some pictures along the way! Good luck!
I see you modified the troop seats, nice job. Easy to do? Sawzall off the extra and rebolt?

SmartDrug

I see you modified the troop seats, nice job. Easy to do? Sawzall off the extra and rebolt?

Yep, took about 3 hours start to finish. Measure 15 times, angle grinder for a few minutes, paint and bolt in place. I think I'm going to reinforce the front half as it's a little more wobbly than I'd like (the rear part has more lateral support). I figure with the bench seat in the middle and the rear seating in use, I have room for 10 smaller people, so I could convince the wife we needed a tactical minivan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks