• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV - Brake question

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the first gen parking brake on a 1097 with no button and the knob on the end does not twist. What are your thoughts...lol...help.
As previously said WD-40 or similar, it's probably stuck. But also be sure to turn it when it's NOT engaged, as there is no tension on the cable (vs the upright position). I usually pull it a small bit up then spin it, as necessary.

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As previously said WD-40 or similar, it's probably stuck. But also be sure to turn it when it's NOT engaged, as there is no tension on the cable (vs the upright position). I usually pull it a small bit up then spin it, as necessary.
As I previously said, the knob on the end does not turn period. Not at all. It does not move in either direction with or without tention on the brake arm. The long piece that is usually attatched to the knob (goes down through the center of the brake arm) and adjusts the tention on the brake arm attached to the brake line and attached to the rear brakes is non-existant. It is not there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks