• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Brush Truck Tragedy

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is also a reminder to a the shade tree fabricators. This contraption was built by somebody and then sold to somebody else. During the investigation they tracked down the maker of every component and the guy that put it all together. I'll bet there are some law suits and possibly fines handed out by the government and the victim's family.

panshark

the funding issue goes both ways. Although the setup may have been a result of insufficient funding, we can make the reasonable assumption that the original fire department used some funded equipment to fabricate the setup. Sure, some parts might have been had for free, but other specialized parts are bound to be purchased to rig it together. Fiscal oversight could have prevented this setup from being built and put into service.

The town I come from has a volunteer fire department that purchased a brand spanking new schnozzle truck. Not that any of the structures in the bedroom community had an urgent demand for a schnozzle, but the funds were waiting in the coffers. If you don't use up that dough, you lose it. That's why such screaming deals come up on GSA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks