• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV C-Series

WannaBeHumvee

I want to preface this thread by saying that I'm in search of info about the Humvee C-Series. The info below isn't a rant, but is explaining the current dead end that I've hit while trying to find an answer. Ultimately, I'd like to know if the Humvee C-Series is truly in new production and is available for sale to civilians here in the USA.

So here's my story:
I recently came across a site (https://humvee.com) that advertises new production C-Series Humvees being built by AM General. This immediately caught my attention since I have been a big fan of these amazing trucks for many years and recently purchased a used one. So I was excited of the possibilities of new production units being available.

Some of you may have already heard about the C-Series but this was news to me. So I went thru the site page by page and quickly noticed that these hard core trucks are not available throughout North America but 'supposedly' has dealers by the dozens overseas in the countries like, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and many other 'friendly' countries. All available via a company named "Humvee Export", which according to the website, signed an agreement with AM General to export them. I even found a Facebook and YouTube videos of some foreigners testing some out. (Note: be sure to read the history listed on the site: https://humvee.com/history)

They are marked as C-Series (and Made in the USA) for 'civilian' purchase but they look exactly like my ex-military HMMWV, as far as I can tell from the pictures.

So to tame my curiosity, I called the headquarters of AM General in South Bend, Indiana. I simply inquired about where I could purchase a new production humvee and was transferred to some gentleman. The call didn't go so well, as my intelligence was quickly insulted for the simple inquiry and when I mentioned about the vehicles being available via overseas dealers, he informed me that he didn't have the time and I wasn't on his important-list to be speaking with him and he abruptly transferred me to someone else's voicemail (which I didn't bother leaving a message). I hope he was just having a bad day and that I'm misunderstanding that these game-changing-vehicles are available overseas to hostile countries but not to born & raised Americans.

I made another phone call to a website that had briefly mentioned the C-Series a few years back, but no one knew anything about them.

So here it is. If anyone has info about them, I'd be much appreciative to hear what you have to say!

Thanks

Jakob1944

Being that Illinois not very far from South Bend, Indiana......and if you had the name of the person with whom you had the conversation with, I would go visit that Corporation Customer liaison Department and voice your grievances.......

Last edited:

Action

LOL. Don't call AMG and ask questions if you don't personally know someone there. And, definitely don't mention the Humvee.
You can buy a C-series overseas, but I think they are around $160,000.
At one point, AMG was taking deposits for a basic kit with no drivetrain. They may have been closer to $60,000. All deposits were given back.

ari

this place might do it I have received a parts quote before bit on the high side for what i was looking for. Dident inquire about them building me one though. civilianhumvee.com/humvee-builder/

Action

this place might do it I have received a parts quote before bit on the high side for what i was looking for. Dident inquire about them building me one though. civilianhumvee.com/humvee-builder/
On that website.....
BASE = $229,000
GOLD = $269,000
PLATINUM = $310,000

I would like to know where they fit 52.5 gallons of fuel.
You have to go up to the GOLD package to get the 242 transfer case???

I have a lot of the stuff from their platinum package on my HMMWV. I can make you one **** of a deal compared to their prices....

Last edited:

ari

Wow thats quite extreme. I was mainly looking for a more sturdy brush guard and rocker panel protection plate kit.

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isnt the C Series just an H1? Ive seen mention of the C series on parts sites but the descriptions make them sound exactly like Hummer H1s.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There are several on here that fix them up for sale, the only one I can vouch for is TedG you will get a as close to new as is possible HMMWV. I have been to his shop and seen his work, he takes them down to the ground and everything that goes back on is either NOS or rebuilt and tested, he does them one at a time. You will pay for his craftsmanship and there are a couple more on here that work to that same level.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to preface this thread by saying that I'm in search of info about the Humvee C-Series. The info below isn't a rant, but is explaining the current dead end that I've hit while trying to find an answer. Ultimately, I'd like to know if the Humvee C-Series is truly in new production and is available for sale to civilians here in the USA.

So here's my story:
I recently came across a site (https://humvee.com) that advertises new production C-Series Humvees being built by AM General. This immediately caught my attention since I have been a big fan of these amazing trucks for many years and recently purchased a used one. So I was excited of the possibilities of new production units being available.

Some of you may have already heard about the C-Series but this was news to me. So I went thru the site page by page and quickly noticed that these hard core trucks are not available throughout North America but 'supposedly' has dealers by the dozens overseas in the countries like, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and many other 'friendly' countries. All available via a company named "Humvee Export", which according to the website, signed an agreement with AM General to export them. I even found a Facebook and YouTube videos of some foreigners testing some out. (Note: be sure to read the history listed on the site: https://humvee.com/history)

They are marked as C-Series (and Made in the USA) for 'civilian' purchase but they look exactly like my ex-military HMMWV, as far as I can tell from the pictures.

So to tame my curiosity, I called the headquarters of AM General in South Bend, Indiana. I simply inquired about where I could purchase a new production humvee and was transferred to some gentleman. The call didn't go so well, as my intelligence was quickly insulted for the simple inquiry and when I mentioned about the vehicles being available via overseas dealers, he informed me that he didn't have the time and I wasn't on his important-list to be speaking with him and he abruptly transferred me to someone else's voicemail (which I didn't bother leaving a message). I hope he was just having a bad day and that I'm misunderstanding that these game-changing-vehicles are available overseas to hostile countries but not to born & raised Americans.

I made another phone call to a website that had briefly mentioned the C-Series a few years back, but no one knew anything about them.

So here it is. If anyone has info about them, I'd be much appreciative to hear what you have to say!

Thanks
save your money, or if you want one really bad, have one built for you at much less cost then what they charge.
your research should have taken you to humvee.net where there are numerous threads on the topic.
the trucks are sold in kit form, this gets around the DOT on crash safety tests from the Feds....no drive train.
IMO it was the poorest rollout I've ever seen, my understanding is that it's a done deal...DOA.
to make matters worse, they were having US Engines build the trucks....just that would make me run away.

WannaBeHumvee

Thanks for the humvee.net & https://civilianhumvee.com links. The civilianhumvee.com site has a US phone number (and its not in Indiana :) ), I'll give them a call this week and post back what they say.

After looking at the civilianhumvee.com site I can see that the interior is similar to the H1.
I didn't see a price list for parts on the site. I'm curious if its as out-of-range as the vehicle listings. I'll find out when I call.

Have to ask:
Does it bother anyone else but me that I waited 15 weeks for an EUC background check to ensure I wasn't exporting humvees overseas, then to find that new ones are already available out of the US from dealers?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the humvee.net & https://civilianhumvee.com links. The civilianhumvee.com site has a US phone number (and its not in Indiana :) ), I'll give them a call this week and post back what they say.

After looking at the civilianhumvee.com site I can see that the interior is similar to the H1.
I didn't see a price list for parts on the site. I'm curious if its as out-of-range as the vehicle listings. I'll find out when I call.

Have to ask:
Does it bother anyone else but me that I waited 15 weeks for an EUC background check to ensure I wasn't exporting humvees overseas, then to find that new ones are already available out of the US from dealers?
why would it bother anyone? Those same people went through the same EUC and wait time.
If you don't want to wait....but from a private party and/or dealer who already has a truck.
IMO, there is enough info on the internet so that there is no reason a person does not know what they are getting into.
simple web searches will pull up many threads here and other forums.
also understand that you will pay more for a truck that has gone through the process, some people don't care and pay the extra coin.

WannaBeHumvee

why would it bother anyone? Those same people went through the same EUC and wait time.
If you don't want to wait....but from a private party and/or dealer who already has a truck.
IMO, there is enough info on the internet so that there is no reason a person does not know what they are getting into.
simple web searches will pull up many threads here and other forums.
also understand that you will pay more for a truck that has gone through the process, some people don't care and pay the extra coin.
You didn't understand my comment. I was well aware of the EUC wait before buying, it was not a surprise. The surprise is that one of the purposes (supposedly) of the EUC is to prevent humvees from being exported to other countries but the same vehicles are available for sale outside of the USA in very questionable countries, which IMO defeats the purpose of the EUC.

dilvoy

You didn't understand my comment. I was well aware of the EUC wait before buying, it was not a surprise. The surprise is that one of the purposes (supposedly) of the EUC is to prevent humvees from being exported to other countries but the same vehicles are available for sale outside of the USA in very questionable countries, which IMO defeats the purpose of the EUC.
A C Series would not have been owned by any part of the US Military so no EUC is required by the US Military or it's Government or it could all just be part of one large conspiracy against each and everyone.

MaverickH1

I've been over on the H1 forums for a few years, and people were VERY excited about the C Series. Ultimately, the prices came out and the fact that it didn't come with any powertrain made people laugh. Some were still interested, but I've never seen a build thread or anything over there for the C Series.

As RWH said, it was pretty much dead on arrival.

Most of us wanted exactly what AM General supplied to the military, but in kit car form. I'd be okay without a powertrain, as I'm sure the market would start producing for it. That said... we expected something closer to the $50,000 mark that the government pays for a complete base Humvee. I think most people were expecting a $30,000 parts kit that needed to be assembled with a supplied powertrain. When it was double the price for the base version, I don't think anyone took it seriously.

There was always the chance that a company would buy them and rebuild and sell complete trucks for the $100,000 mark that AM General used to do with the H1, but it looks like that never really took off.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The EUC does not prevent export to country's on the Bad boy list....you can export them all day long as long as the proper paper is filed, but again, not to hostile country's. Not sure who these questionable country's you are referring too.
ifmyou didn't know, it is a requirement of the EUC that the rules are passed to all buyers of said vehicle....as dumb as it sounds, that is the rule. I used to have my buyers sign the EUC statements I received and advise them they could not export to hostile nations etc...

On another note, GP is supposed to start selling them in Europe....last I heard anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks