• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV CAMO Soft Top, Cargo Cover Manuf. Interchangeability

desmodromic

This is more a question of color matching and aesthetics, than physical compatibility. How well do the camo patterns/colors match up between different manufacturers? I have NOS GMA Corp tops and doors in 3 color camo, but am having trouble finding a NOS 4 man camo cargo cover manufactured by GMA (for a reasonable price). Do the cargo covers made by US Tank Command or AM General (assuming they actually manufactured tops/covers) match closely, or should I keep looking for one made by GMA Corp.?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I know and have ever seen, GMA is the only company that ever made soft top anything for the Hmmwv.
not sure if the govt has even contracted any longer to have soft top kits mfg'd. They don't want soft skinned anything.

desmodromic

As far as I know and have ever seen, GMA is the only company that ever made soft top anything for the Hmmwv.
not sure if the govt has even contracted any longer to have soft top kits mfg'd. They don't want soft skinned anything.
Cool. Thanks for the info. Feedback like this is helpful as I try to sort the wheat from the chaff using my limited knowledge. IIRC, GMA went out of business in 2013, so I will keep on the hunt for NOS components.

Action

The camo patterns are the same on the humvees (within 2"), so when you switch from a 2-man to a 4-man, the patterns will be close enough. I have never seen anything but GMA Cover Corp stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks