• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv demil code changed

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The aforementioned MVPA director and his ilk are WWII JEEP people. To them everything else is scrap metal. There are people in the MVPA that see 'our side', but they are not strong enough yet to overcome the 'old timers'.
Very similar the the shotgun owning duck hunters who have no problem with bans on those evil black rifles....

TMOMW

i just got the answer from the mvpa board on the huge win.... here it is (the email ) along with my rant....

i have a real question....
WHY ARE YOU STILL IN THE CURRENT MVPA?
no really please read, i just got a eye opening email from a bod member..
i just let the board of directors of the mvpa know about the sucess of my efforts to get about 50,000+ (est, could be more) veicles released via the gsa system over the next 10 years due to a new ruling by the DOD that i had forced with the help of many senators and members of congress (via a law i helped author) . the mvpa BOD was against me on this, yes they were. so much so that they recently changed the bylaws it seems (from what i was just told by a member of the board) .... i think this is to keep them from helping anyone with modern vehicles being released and in there mind means they will get crushed). mr clark was telling everyone that i was a liar and was failing... both proven untrue.
this is the resonse to me from one of the board members yesterday... they are saying they WILL NEVER AGAIN HELP ANYONE IN THE MV HOBBY WITH ANYTHING TO DO WITH LAWS!!!!
BULL CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: just FYI
Tue, Apr 5, 2022 9:07 pm
Bill Scott (wmmscott@aol.com)
To:you Details
For your information:
Our bill-laws prohibit us from getting involved in any kind of lobbying or government affairs. You can look it up.
Bill Scott
Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS
---------------------------------------------------------------------
(i left the email on due to it being posted on the mvpa website as public info).
in fact here are the rules on the mvpa page right now...
"i. Government/Legislative/ DMV Liaison Committee: Shall keep the Board of Directors and MVPA membership informed of any governmental issues pertaining to or potentially affecting
the military vehicle hobby. "
just a few years ago the mvpa had a lobbyist in DC, they had a page in the mvpa magazine for his reports, the VPs posted job description was legislative affairs, kevin lockwood was elected to vp due to his "work in legislative affairs in kansas"..
this is not me telling everyone to "piss off" if you need help, its the mvpa board member thats been there for years, and does not know the posted bylaws!!!!!
so again WHY is the mvpa still here, if its not doing its basic job of supporting the hobby? WHY is the board so entrenched looking at so many of the people in the hobby as a threat? WHY cant it go back to what Lee Holland, and haas were doing by helping the hobby and making the mvpa grow??
it seems like this bod is happy riding this thing (shell of the mvpa) right to the seen of the crash
so again WHY ARE YOU OR YOUR FRIENDS STILL IN THE CURRENT MVPA?

Action

Does the P in mvpa stand for preservation? Maybe they think minivan seats, rv windows, wide wheels, and punisher logos are not “preserving” the military vehicle...
Or that they were in a somewhat small group of collectors of military vehicles, and now everyone and their grandma will have an ex military vehicle.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've looked for a group that cares about military vehicles and what I have found hasn't been overly encouraging.

I can understand preservationists, as well as those who buy to modify. (Nothing against either group!). But so far all I've found is 'Jeeps, big trucks and tanks'. It seems like the HMMWV is not considered to be worthy in these groups.

I'm really glad places like Steel Soldiers exist, otherwise it would be nearly impossible for me (as a hobbyist) to become involved in this hobby.

I'm very much on the 'preservationist' side of things, BUT I'm also practical. I can't afford to restore my HMMWV complete with military radio(s). However, I'm more then happy to avoid major changes to keep it 'as US Army as possible'.

In my mind, the whole purpose of these groups is to advocate for the benefit of the group. These are specifically the groups that should be trying to make it easier for people to become a part of the hobby. They should be concerned/advocate for how to keep the vehicles safe, and road legal while promoting history, teaching, etc. What I keep finding is people setup their local clubhouses where they can go drink beer with their buddies, but if you aren't in that crowd go pound sand -- they've got their toys already and don't care if anyone else can even access a vehicle. I find it very frustrating.

TMOMW

Does the P in mvpa stand for preservation? Maybe they think minivan seats, rv windows, wide wheels, and punisher logos are not “preserving” the military vehicle...
Or that they were in a somewhat small group of collectors of military vehicles, and now everyone and their grandma will have an ex military vehicle.
i just got the answer from the mvpa board on the huge win.... here it is (the email ) along with my rant....

i have a real question....
WHY ARE YOU STILL IN THE CURRENT MVPA?
no really please read, i just got a eye opening email from a bod member..
i just let the board of directors of the mvpa know about the sucess of my efforts to get about 50,000+ (est, could be more) veicles released via the gsa system over the next 10 years due to a new ruling by the DOD that i had forced with the help of many senators and members of congress (via a law i helped author) . the mvpa BOD was against me on this, yes they were. so much so that they recently changed the bylaws it seems (from what i was just told by a member of the board) .... i think this is to keep them from helping anyone with modern vehicles being released and in there mind means they will get crushed). mr clark was telling everyone that i was a liar and was failing... both proven untrue.
this is the resonse to me from one of the board members yesterday... they are saying they WILL NEVER AGAIN HELP ANYONE IN THE MV HOBBY WITH ANYTHING TO DO WITH LAWS!!!!
BULL CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: just FYI
Tue, Apr 5, 2022 9:07 pm
Bill Scott (wmmscott@aol.com)
To:you Details
For your information:
Our bill-laws prohibit us from getting involved in any kind of lobbying or government affairs. You can look it up.
Bill Scott
Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS
---------------------------------------------------------------------
(i left the email on due to it being posted on the mvpa website as public info).
in fact here are the rules on the mvpa page right now...
"i. Government/Legislative/ DMV Liaison Committee: Shall keep the Board of Directors and MVPA membership informed of any governmental issues pertaining to or potentially affecting
the military vehicle hobby. "
just a few years ago the mvpa had a lobbyist in DC, they had a page in the mvpa magazine for his reports, the VPs posted job description was legislative affairs, kevin lockwood was elected to vp due to his "work in legislative affairs in kansas"..
this is not me telling everyone to "piss off" if you need help, its the mvpa board member thats been there for years, and does not know the posted bylaws!!!!!
so again WHY is the mvpa still here, if its not doing its basic job of supporting the hobby? WHY is the board so entrenched looking at so many of the people in the hobby as a threat? WHY cant it go back to what Lee Holland, and haas were doing by helping the hobby and making the mvpa grow??
it seems like this bod is happy riding this thing (shell of the mvpa) right to the seen of the crash
so again WHY ARE YOU OR YOUR FRIENDS STILL IN THE CURRENT MVPA?
1649258648565.png

DmentdDan

after 5 years of fighting i was just able to force DLA to change the demil code of all unarmored HMMWVS. this has just started from C to Q6. this means that 10-20 THOUSAND hmmwvs that were to be crushed are now going to be released to donations (gsa excess) and then to the general public.. this has taken me 5 years, 3 trips to DC, countless meetings with congressional aids, a major investigation, and the GAO having to get involved. but as of right now the DLA has changed the demil codes and the crushing of many hmmwvs has stopped!!!!!!

i would like to thank everyone that has helped me, and i would like to call out the mvpa that has activly tried to stop this (mr clark). its great to have friends and sad when people in the hobby try to screw you over for personal issues that end up hurting the hobby.
Great Job! Very Impressed by your perseverance!
Sadly there are people on this forum that bash this MV and admins that cover for their bad behavior... I just don't get it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks