• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV DROP DOWN SPARE TIRE CARRIER parts needed

Mario

Need Bolt Kit from HMMWV DROP DOWN SPARE TIRE CARRIER, DOCUMENT: 2590-01-525-1995, http://www.rhinolift.com/pdfs/2590-01-525-1995 Install.pdf
What I really need is part numbers 2,13,14,15,19 from figure 7-1.Does anyone have that as a sub-kit?Otherwise, what's the part number for the whole bolt kit and how can I order it?

Background: I guess driving over the bumps made the locknut give and bolt backed out and now the whole thing is susceptible to bumping out on rough terrain. Not something I want to think about given the mass that's involved.

Last edited:

Action

Your link doesn't work. If you are talking about the bolts that hold it to the bumper, you can just get some grade 8 from the hardware store, until you can find the originals. If that is what you desire.
Locknuts should not come loose from bumps. Get some that have distorted threads at the top instead of the nylon insert kinds.
BTW, the book will tell you what to do when a locknut is removed, which is why I am guessing yours fell off. Or it was not torqued properly.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That I think is just a 1/2 bolt with a lock washer, washer, and spacer. I think it is fine thread. Just try one hand tight don't force it with a tool to verify threads std or fine.

Mario

Your link doesn't work. If you are talking about the bolts that hold it to the bumper, you can just get some grade 8 from the hardware store, until you can find the originals. If that is what you desire.
Locknuts should not come loose from bumps. Get some that have distorted threads at the top instead of the nylon insert kinds.
BTW, the book will tell you what to do when a locknut is removed, which is why I am guessing yours fell off. Or it was not torqued properly.
Try it again.
Looks like the was no space between the URL and word "What" (next sentence).

It's lower bolt that's holding the pivoting arm to the bracket.

AAVP7

There is a kit available for those parts. I bought one just a few weeks ago. I think I found it on fleabay, but am not sure.

AAVP7

I checked my Evilbay buy from a while ago, but there wasn´t a part number anywhere. It was sold as "Rhino spare tire carrier repair kit".

Action

Need Bolt Kit from HMMWV DROP DOWN SPARE TIRE CARRIER, DOCUMENT: 2590-01-525-1995, http://www.rhinolift.com/pdfs/2590-01-525-1995 Install.pdf
What I really need is part numbers 2,13,14,15,19 from figure 7-1.Does anyone have that as a sub-kit?Otherwise, what's the part number for the whole bolt kit and how can I order it?

Background: I guess driving over the bumps made the locknut give and bolt backed out and now the whole thing is susceptible to bumping out on rough terrain. Not something I want to think about given the mass that's involved.
#19 is the large pivot pin. Is that what you need? or did you mean to type # 16?
Just contact the company that you got the install instructions link from. They have 2 hardware kits listed. One is $8.40. The other is $3.62. They don't have the pivot listed as a loose part.

NV555

So does anyone know the history on the A1 lift bumper and the rhino drop down spare?

I know the 1113 and 1114 came with the A1 bumper. Where they factory or add on or both?

I would guess some were taken off some and put on others within the motor pool.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks