• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV electrical help needed

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put some new guages in the HMMWV. The old ones were hard to read especially at night so these new ones went in and I lost some of that "been in a war zone" pantina. My old voltometer guage only had one connection in use, the new one has two. I reconnected every wire correctly and still have the same "yellow" reading. The reading was the same on both old and new guages. I've never had to charge the batteries. Am I missing a connector? This reading seems low. First picture shows guages at idle engine speed. Thank you for all the help in advance.

HMMWV Volt meters are not the same as the ones found in all the other Mil vehicles....that single plug is correct, plus a ground, So if the Gauge came from an M35 Duece...not sure if it will work. looks like your Volt gauge is not for a HMMWV...I only know this cuz I bought some volt gauges sometime back, when I compared them it was just like your Pic, I had to find a HMMWV specific guage....Also, you can pull down the entire wiring schematic for free on Kascars web site, look on the main page on top for "Manuals" .

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also discovered this loose wire. The number on this tag is 568. Any idea were this should be attached? The only two wires not connected are this number 568 and the hard wired connection off the alternator.

That wire plugs into the plug you have pitured....looks like the end came off....you need that connection......

17 Legion

Got it fixed! I search a company out and found a place near Ft Bragg. He sent me a rebuilt alternator for a great price. Seems like he
knew his stuff. I would guess he does alot of work for Uncle Sam through various contracts both past and present.

He said he likes helping poeple like "us" out so I thought I'd post some contact info:

Allied Auto Electric Inc (910) 864-3895
6055 Yadkin Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28303
35.097129 -78.98887
Automotive electrical repair services. Starter and Alternator repair

I talked to Steve.

A big thank you goes out to all those who helped me on this project. I appreciate the knowledge, advice and comments.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks